Can I move my contract number to a prepaid line?
Tom1982

i have 31 days left on my contract phone plan. I had a smartphone and it died so i bought a cheap phone  several months ago ive been using to get buy until my contract ends. it will cost me 130 dollars to cancel my phone 31 days early so i am waiting until then to cancel the contract. I bought a prepaid samsung illusion from walmart and i am wanting to send my current contract number to my prepaid phone. Ive read several board postings that said this is possible and talked to a rep on chat that was very helpful and also said it was possible.  What i am wondering now is

Can i go ahead and activate my prepaid phone just to play around with it and use wi-fi? according to the activation guide once i enter my zip i will be given a phone number and account security code for this phone. will i still be able to put my old contract number onto the prepaid phone once it has already been activated? or will this complicate things. Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Contract number to prepaid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be delighted to assist Tom1982! There are a few stipulations to this option. For further assistance please reach out to our Prepaid Support Team at 888-294-6804. We look forward to hearing from you soon, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Contract number to prepaid
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be delighted to assist Tom1982! There are a few stipulations to this option. For further assistance please reach out to our Prepaid Support Team at 888-294-6804. We look forward to hearing from you soon, thanks!

MatthewS_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes