Why do I have a text message alert even though I haven't received any text messages?
nakita5555
Enthusiast - Level 2

Alert counter says I have a text message, but I don't. Did re-boot and cleared cache. No difference. Any thoughts? Phone is a Droid MAXX>

Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Text Message alert
PoppyGolem
Enthusiast - Level 2

never mind I tried a another fix to get rid off.  send yourself about 2-3 text messages....doesn't matter what it says.  once you received them all, should be instant, do not open them just go to message icon, open it, go to settings and delete all threads.   that cleared everything for me and no more "ghost" messages !!!!

View solution in original post

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@nakita5555

I would like to ensure we get rid of the incorrect messaging indicator!  Let's try resetting the messaging application http://vz.to/1b5qdka.  Let me know how this works out for you.  Thanks!

AnthonyTa_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
nakita5555
Enthusiast - Level 2

The notification cleared up by itself. Seems odd. I will keep that link if it happens again. Thanks for the help.

0 Likes
nakita5555
Enthusiast - Level 2

It's back again. Did as you instructed. No change. Gremlin?

0 Likes
PoppyGolem
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have as well.  Did you get a reply back yet?

0 Likes
PoppyGolem
Enthusiast - Level 2

never mind I tried a another fix to get rid off.  send yourself about 2-3 text messages....doesn't matter what it says.  once you received them all, should be instant, do not open them just go to message icon, open it, go to settings and delete all threads.   that cleared everything for me and no more "ghost" messages !!!!

CB108
Enthusiast - Level 1

Brilliant, it worked for me.

0 Likes