How do I get my device to start up?
Cheridan

Moto droid razr, over a year with it now. Ran out of battery yesterday and when try to turn it on (after some minutes plugged in) the dreadful red eye came out.

I did a soft reset and ended up in the red eye again.

I wiped the cache partition and rebooted it, red eye again.

I did a factory reset and rebooted it, red eye again.

Battery ran out again, charged it, turn it on, and you can guess what happened

Anyone has any ideas of what can I do next?

Appreciate your time, thank you in advance.

For reference I followed the instructions provided on this page by user hydrogenous (  http://www.razrforums.com/forum/droid-razr-maxx/3253-phone-stuck-load-up-screen.html). Below is a copy of sucj instructions if you don't want click on the link

"

Issue: Your Motorola Droid Razr Maxx is stuck on the "droid eye" screen during boot. You haven't rooted your phone or anything.

Solution: Remove your SD Card and reboot the phone by holding the power button. It's still stuck on the screen, right?

1. Hold down the POWER, VOLUME UP, and VOLUME DOWN buttons until the screen goes blank.
  2. Once the screen turns off, hold down the VOLUME UP and VOLUME DOWN buttons once again.
  3. You should now see a diagnostic screen with several options. Read the first few lines. Use the VOLUME DOWN button to highlight "recovery", and use the VOLUME UP button to select this option.
  4. Now you should see the "Droid Triage Screen". It's a dead android with a triangle. The exclamation ("!") symbol is inside the triangle. Am I being detailed enough?
  5. Press and HOLD the VOLUME DOWN button. WHILE you are holding this button down, press and RELEASE the VOLUME UP button. Now release the VOLUME DOWN button that you were holding for the duration of this step.
  6. A new screen will come up. Use the VOLUME DOWN button to select "WIPE CACHE PARTITION", and use the POWER button to select that option.
  7. The phone should complete the operation and return you to the triage diagnostic mode. Now you want to select "FACTORY RESTORE/RESET". I don't think that's exactly what it's called, but I do know that Factory is in the name. Seriously, I've had too much scotch and my short-term memory is a bit fuzzy. I'm also watching Archer. Hilarious. This process is going to wipe all of your data. That's why you should have downloaded a backup app, but screw it-- your phone is bricked anyways.
  8. Let this option run for a few moments. For me, I had to wait about 2 minutes. During this process I saw absolutely no load bar or status until my phone's "low battery" warning honked at me. I pressed "Okay", and then I saw a "Processing" screen. I think you're going to have to be patient. Maybe your "processing" bar will show up right away. I don't know.
Labels (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Razr: Eternal red eye! Tried everything and still nothing!
ClassA
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIXED

I had this issue previously and after a few soft resets and some patience it finally came back on.

Today, I wasn't so lucky...  3 hours of soft resets and waiting with no change in response.

I ended up removing both my SD and SIM card (better safe?), and rebooting to the "Triage Screen."  I cleared the cache ONLY and rebooted the phone.  It took a while, but finally came back to life!  I then installed both the SIM and SD cards and all is well (for now.)

This is a non-rooted first-gen MAXX, and I've had SOOOOOOOO MANY problems with it.  I've had an SD card become unformatted, many many missed calls due to general unresponsiveness, and intermittent battery charging/restarting issues.  After the SD card was blanked I did a factory restore (about 2 weeks ago) and it's been better, but still not like it was when it was new.

Result: My phone is currently up and running after the cache wipe, but I'll be switching to Samsung in 2 weeks when my contract is up.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
drg799802

I am having the same problem. Did you get it to work?

0 Likes
Cheridan

Negative; I ended up going to the store and they tried the same steps that I did previously.

Their final solution was for me to call Asurion(cellphone insurance company)  and get a replacement phone

0 Likes
B33
Legend

To run the phone through the process you described above don't need to include Removing the SD card at all.!

0 Likes
ClassA
Enthusiast - Level 1

FIXED

I had this issue previously and after a few soft resets and some patience it finally came back on.

Today, I wasn't so lucky...  3 hours of soft resets and waiting with no change in response.

I ended up removing both my SD and SIM card (better safe?), and rebooting to the "Triage Screen."  I cleared the cache ONLY and rebooted the phone.  It took a while, but finally came back to life!  I then installed both the SIM and SD cards and all is well (for now.)

This is a non-rooted first-gen MAXX, and I've had SOOOOOOOO MANY problems with it.  I've had an SD card become unformatted, many many missed calls due to general unresponsiveness, and intermittent battery charging/restarting issues.  After the SD card was blanked I did a factory restore (about 2 weeks ago) and it's been better, but still not like it was when it was new.

Result: My phone is currently up and running after the cache wipe, but I'll be switching to Samsung in 2 weeks when my contract is up.

0 Likes