Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to raplace Fascinate with a different phone?
potove
Enthusiast - Level 3

Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to raplace Fascinate with a different phone?

If so, could you share with me on how you convinced VZW to do it?(which department?)

I love my Fascinate, but not when it can't get calls.  I would prefer to have a Fascinate with

zero problems, but that appears unlikely.   So I guess my best option is to get a different

phone(Samsung, Motorola, or others)

Thanks!

0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to replace Fascinate with a different phone?
ChristinaB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Hello,

Please view the posting below to answer your question about the Fascinate. Thank you! 

Fascinate

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to raplace Fascinate with a different phone?
Nikko22

I just got off the phone with Tech Support and she offered me either Incredible HTC Droid Charger or the Mortorola 2X.  I just gave her a very specific information a phone call I missed on Saturday and said I could no longer rely on my phone what could she do for me and she offered me the new phone.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to raplace Fascinate with a different phone?
nienie

Yes,  You need to call Verizon using 1-800-922-0204 and ask for a tier 2 technician.  If you don't get the tier 2 then explain to the person on the phone all the problems you have had with your fascinate.  I recommend not falling for a factory reset and absolutely tell them no fascinate for replacement.  You need to not back down and if you need to fight with them.  Let Verizon know this is unacceptable to be paying for services that are not working with the phone they sold.  If you need to hang up and call again as Verizon has call center all over the US and you are bond to find someone to listen.  Bottom line is you let them know you are a paying customer,, you will not accept another fascinate as getting another fascinate does not solve the problem.  Tell them you expect a replacement phone like many others are getting- the phones offered to me were Samsung Droid Charge, HTC Incredible 2 and Motorola Droid X2.  Good Luck.  Read the forums as there is lots of good advice out there.

0 Likes
hudtownman
Enthusiast - Level 3

I successfully got a swap out of my Fascinate with a Droid Incredible 2. 

I private messaged VZW agents on these forums the following message and through the course of 3-5 days I successfully was granted an expception and allowed to swap out my device (with no contract extension or upgrade eligiblity extenstion). This was after several phone calls and numberous wasted hours trying to convince them the Fascinate was not a good phone. 

If I have been rude in any way during this message, I sincerely apologize, I did not mean it. I am a frsutrated owner of a bad piece of electronics. I am aware it is not VZW's fault, but I think you need to stand beind the phones you sell and rectify situations that are bad. 

I am a Samsung Fascinate owner and to say the least this phone has been the biggest source of frustration I have ever had to endur in the 20+ years I have owned a cellular phone. 

The have been number rous issues with my original phone and the replacement (certified replacement) phone I have gotten. These issues include, but are not limited to:

1. glitchy UI

2. constant forecloses and freezes

3 auto reboots 

4. inoperable phone for 20 - 30 minutes at a time. Can't access apps, can't make calls, can't send texts, phone is useless to me.

5. not receiving calls/texts

6. missing voicemails

7. increased battery drain

8. random flickering of screen lights while using the phone.

Now I have performed the following steps at the suggestion of VZW tech support on both my orginal phone an replacement phone

1. Hard resets, factory resets 

2. Soft resets,

3. Clear cache on the phone

4. Removing apps 

5. Updating roaming capabilities 

After all these issues and all the suggestion on fixes, the phone still performs poorly and is not a reliable phone at all. Like I stated previously i am beyond frustrated. 

I am aware these problems are software issues not a hardware issue; a refurbed Fascinate will not correct them. Hard resets do not fix the problems. I have scoured the message boards on this website (VZW forums) and I am aware the VERIZON is aware of all these issues with multiple Fascinate users.

I am asking to be allowed to swap my Fascinate for another, DIFFERENT model of phone. I am fine if that is a refurb, as long as it is a DIFFERENT model of phone and not a Fascinate. I know this is possible because users on your very own forum are stating it has been done. I am asking it be done in my case

Best thing I can say is stick to it....sitck to you guns and don't back down and don't be allowed to think there is afix when there is not. 

0 Likes
crshinn
Contributor - Level 1

I got them to swap my Fascinate for a Droid Incredible 2.  I LOVE it, especially after the upgrade to Gingerbread this week. 

0 Likes
jayrod32

Just got off the phone with Tech Support.  First they said that their policy is to send me another Fascinate first before replacing it with another phone.  I told them it was unacceptable because it's a KNOWN SOFTWARE PROBLEM...not a hardware problem.  I then went on to say that I have a 1 year old, god forbid something was to happen and my wife couldn't get through to me because they sent me a phone with the same faulty software....I can't take that chance.....ESPECIALLY because this is a known problem.

She then came on the phone and said that she has a 2 year old of her own and understands completely how unacceptable that would be if she was in my shoes.

I was then told that if I wanted the Incredible 2 or the Droid X2.....that I can order them while on the phone with her.  If I wanted the Droid Charge....i'd have to go to a Verizon Wireless store and order it through them (for whatever reason).

However....I do want the Charge so she said left a note on my account for the store to see when they punch up my info on their computers.  I'm too busy tomorrow to hit the store.....so i'm going Saturday.  Wish me luck....hahaha.  I'll come back and let you all know how it went.

0 Likes
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

I spoke with Tech Support earlier this evening and confirmed that yes we can get one of the 3 phones mentioned in previous posts.  I decided on the Droid X2 for myself, since I don't need 4G but I DO need a phone that'll pull a better signal than Samsung.  Motorola is known for solid signal, especially in my area.  I didn't like the way the Incredible 2 navigated so I eliminated that one almost immediately.

Incidentally, after I made my decision, I was talking with my sister-in-law who is going through some issues right now, and even though I had a signal of about -101 the call dropped!  I called her back and apologized, and while talking to her again I got a beeping noise as if the battery was quite low.  I ran to get my charger and plugged it in...battery was still at 30%.  THEN, I got a notification that I had 2 new e-mails, and when I checked, there weren't any!  I'm glad I'm getting a different phone, this is crazy.

Best wishes for the rest of you folks!  :smileyhappy:

Suzigirl

0 Likes
suzigirl
Enthusiast - Level 2

By the way, if you go to the message boards for the Charge, you'll see an ongoing issue with 3G disconnecting and folks losing service.  I saw very little problems on the X2 forums, at least that would bother me.  4G isn't coming to my area for at least 6 months to a year either so I'm staying away from the Charge.

0 Likes
ZipZap

Can someone from from Verizon please respond to the following question.

I purchased my Fascinate new from a well known reputable online e-tailer.  Does this replacement offer apply to customers who did not buy their Fascinate from a Verizon Wireless corporate store or through the verionwireless.com website?

Thank you.

0 Likes
Re: Has anyone successfully managed to get VZW to replace Fascinate with a different phone?
geomimi

Can someone from from Verizon please respond to the following question.

I purchased my Fascinate new from a well known reputable online re-tailer.  Does this replacement offer apply to customers who did not buy their Fascinate from a Verizon Wireless corporate store or through the verionwireless.com website?

Thank you.

0 Likes