iPhone X preorder questions
amity

I've gone to my local Verizon and asked about preordering and if I should do it online. They told me they would contact me on the 26th (the day before preorder is open) to get my info so that they can TRY to preorder it for me. I'm very skeptical about them actually securing a phone for me. Should I just try and preorder the iPhone X online on the Verizon website or let the people at my local store try to secure the phone for me?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone X preorder questions
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

Do you generally go to your local store for help? Do you enjoy the store being local and available to you when you wish to go into a store for help? If you answer "yes" to either of these questions then you should support your local store and order the device from them. If they place an order for you, it will arrive. When it arrives depends on when you place the order and what the shipping date is at that time, this is the same if you order it online.

0 Likes
amity

the employees always change, that's why I'm skeptical about letting someone that is there RIGHT NOW but may not be there next week get the phone for me. I hope that makes sense.

0 Likes
bbrdtylr
Contributor - Level 2

That does make sense, rotating employees does not build trust!

You should get confirmation of the order when you place it. Then you'll know the order has been placed. I wouldn't do it over the phone though, I'd go in first thing in the morning and order it in person. Regardless of where you order it, Verizon will send email confirmation of the order and confirmation of shipping with a tracking number, so you'll know the status of your order.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amity, nobody like mixed messages, yet I’d like to set the right expectation on your best bet towards achieving an iPhone X as soon as possible. Brew yourself a pot of coffee so you can stay up and order it when the Pre-Order starts at 3AM EST.
https://www.verizonwireless.com/wireless-devices/smartphones/iphone-x/
Realistically, a store ordering it would at the earliest be when they open the morning of October 27.

DavidH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes