Re: XS Max dropped calls after answering (2-3 seconds)
LAM4

Same issue for me in Wisconsin with my XS Max. Tried case on/off, inside/outside, system reset, network reset, LTE vs non-LTE, with vs without use of carplay, etc.  In every one of these settings/conditions, the same problem has occured.  Additionally, I worked directly with an apple rep via online customer service/chat as well.  Nothing has resolved this frustrating problem to date.  I also have to constantly shut down my phone and start back up in order to make/receive calls.

Any thoughts for resolution would be most welcome!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

nh121080

We don't want this to be an ongoing issue. Do you experience dropped calls in a particular area or everywhere that you go? Let's make sure that LTE is enabled on in Settings>Cellular>Cellular Data ON>Cellular Data Options>Enable LTE on for Voice and Data. 

Next, we recommend that you reset the network on your phone by tapping Settings>General>Reset>Reset Network. I trust that these steps will improve this drop call issue. 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having reliable service is important, and we're here to help. When did this start? Are you having any issues with texts and data, and what kind of device do you have?  EricaG_VZW

0 Likes
puruea22

Yep Im having the same issue, except I went to the apple store and they exchanged my phone for a new devise.  The new devise is having the same issue.

0 Likes
puruea22

I did this and Im having the same issue.

0 Likes
mrsmillar

I have been using Verizon for over a decade and never had issues with dropped calls.  That changed about two weeks ago.  It started off just randomly dropping calls - now it drops 90% of my calls - sometimes more than once while on the same number.  I work from home in NC and it happens at home as well as when I travel.  Got the iphone XS Max earlier this year - but the problems really started two weeks ago and got really bad this week.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dropping calls is never ideal especially when it happens during the same call, mrsmillar. I am happy to assist. What is the zip code and the nearest intersection for the trouble area? Are you dropping calls mainly indoors or outdoors as well? Lastly, do you know of any other Verizon users that are experiencing the same issues?

GregL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Puruea22, the fact that you are having this same dropped call issue with multiples devices is extremely troubling.  Let’s put a stop to this ASAP.  We want to make sure that we have all of the details.  When did this first start for you?  How often are your calls dropping?  Where is this happening (everywhere, just certain locations, street intersections/city/state)?

SeanC_VZW

0 Likes
roberle
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I are also having these same problems.  They started right after we got our new iPhone XS's in the end of November.  The problem is not specific to location at all, they happen all over Southern New Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania (areas that have excellent coverage).  It happens no matter the signal strength, it happens with 4 bars of LTE service.  It happens on cell to cell calls, it happens on cell to landline calls.  The only solution is to reset the phone, which usually solves the problem for less than a day.  It's gotten to a point I reset my phone every time I want to make a call, and I answer incoming calls hoping it won't happen. Apple has stated the problem is not in the hardware.  This is a VERIZON NETWORK ISSUE!!  It seems to me the best solution is to get on another network at this point. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Whoa! We don't want you thinking of leaving our family Roberle. You should not have to reset your phone every time you need to make a phone call. This is unusual. Does this happen on every phone call? You did mention that it happens everywhere in Southern New Jersey and Southeastern Pennsylvania. That is a broad area. Can you provide me with more specifics? Are you using WiFi calling when your call drops?   AmberF_VZW

0 Likes