Re: XS Max dropped calls after answering (2-3 seconds)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

lcl92629, I'm sorry to hear about your calling experience with a new iPhone XS Max. Help is here and I'm confident that we'll be able to resolve your issues. Is your service affected whether you are indoors, outdoors or both? Please confirm your city, state and two nearest cross streets.

LorenzoP_VZW

0 Likes
Sneakysideeye

So I've been having the same issue, kind of. I have an iPhone XS. Calls will drop a few seconds into the phone call, and will take a minute to cycle through and connect back to the network or I will have to restart.

This has been going on since May or June and also happened with my iPhone7 which is why I got the new phone.

One thing I have specifically noticed is that this is happening only when I call other Verizon users. And one of those numbers is in a different state. Another line on my account is having the same issue however that is an Android, is in Connecticut and calling a Verizon user in New Mexico. I'm in Michigan.

So far I have: gotten a new phone, had to reset the network settings, got a new SIM card, none of these work. The only solution they have come up with so far that seems to work is going into cellular under settings, going to cellular data options, and either turning the LTE off or changing it to 3g.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience we want you to have with us, and we're here to help. What is your ZIP Code?

BreannaH_VZW

0 Likes
Sneakysideeye

48146... this happens to me no matter where I am at though. I have called in several times. The person I spoke with today and said there were towers all around my address

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Sneakysideeye,

Thank you for this detail, as we want to explore all possible root causes. What iOS version is on your device, and have you recently completed an software update?: http://spr.ly/660013IuE

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
Sneakysideeye

My phone is updated to the most current software update.

The majority I have spoken to from technical support have all said this was some sort of network issue, 2 have said they believe it has something to do with the Advanced Calling Feature.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We certainly want calls to work for you. Please be aware that we would assist you with the same trouble shooting steps that you would go over with us when contacting us other ways. 

Is this issue only happening when you are indoors? We ask because the problem may be related to your phone not being able to stay connected to LTE when indoors. Also, do you have Wi-Fi service? Your phone does have Wi-Fi Calling available to it https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-208397/

StevenG_VZW

0 Likes
tlkrauth

I have an older 5s and this problem just started on my phone a month or so ago.  When I call someone once the connection is made I say Hello and the person on the other end can not hear me, but I can hear them. Then approx 2 seconds later the call disconnects.  Usually if I wait 10 to 15 seconds and redial the same person the call goes through correctly with no issues.  I travel throughout the midwest and it can occurr anywhere (any city) and anyplace (indoor/outside). Doesn't seem to matter if I'm using a bluetooth device (car, headset, etc) or speakerphone, or just regular phone. I've been a verizon customer for over 15 years, traveling these same locations, and never had signal quality issues.  This seems to be something with phone or a recent update. Yet my wife's iphone 6 and my kids (iphone 8 and iphone X) don't seem to be having any problems? 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience we want you to have. We will be sending a Private Note, so that we can assist you better. -BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes