Re: XS Max dropped calls after answering (2-3 seconds)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm saddened to hear you don't like your Max. I want to help improve your signal. Please tell me, what zip code are you having trouble in (please include the nearest intersection)? Also, do you get that error message while indoors? How far do you need to travel before the signal improves? VanetrisC_VZW

0 Likes
martha_a
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have had this issue since I recieved my iphone XS in March. I talked to verzion and nothing helped. I can reset the network connection and it will work for approximately 24 hours. It is absolutely insane to pay so much for Verizon service and an apple phone and not be able to make a simple phone call! After talking to verzion with no solution, I drove 2 hours to the Apple store. Apple gave me a new XS under warranty. The new XS is doing the same exact thing! I am in Alabama and have 4 friends that are experiencing the same exact problem. It just makes me wonder if this would happen with AT&T....looking like I may have to switch to get a solution!

Verizon this issue needs to be fixed ASAP!

0 Likes
Rowlandcm79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Have you received an answer from Verizon addressing this problem?

0 Likes
Rowlandcm79
Enthusiast - Level 1

Has this issue been resolved? If so I would appreciate the fix. I am not very happy to have purchased an $1200 phone only to have to restart it multiple times per day to get it to work.

thanks

nycboyga

I suffer from this very issue as well and it is very frustrating but it is not just a Verizon issue.  I was on T-Mobile before switching my number back to Verizon and while it seems to happen more often with Verizon, it was happening with T-Mobile as well.  My phone is the iPhone XS Max and I had preordered through Verizon.  I’m actually beginning to think that it indeed is a hardware issue and that it has to do with Intel’s cruddy modem.  With that said, I now have both services running on my phone, mostly because of the issue and I really should not have to pay another bill just to have service.  This is sad.  I must also say that while previous models of iPhones had strong signal strength inside buildings, that is no longer the case with this newest model.  If I could downgrade to a Qualcomm based iPhone 8 Plus, I would but I can’t forego the features that I’ve grown used to with the XS.  Just another tidbit, since I have both Verizon and T-Mobile on my phone, there are times I’m looking at something on my phone and I notice that one or the other or even both lose signal so that also makes me think that it is a hardware issue.

0 Likes
Alexhatesapple74
Enthusiast - Level 2

My XS phone has done this since purchase 1/2019 Apple states they have never heard of this issue. Hangs up after 2-3 seconds. Reboot to fix only to have it happen again repeatedly in a few calls later. No case. Happens Inside and outside. No phone drops or damage. 

0 Likes
Alexhatesapple74
Enthusiast - Level 2

My XS was doing this when it came new out of the box on day 1 before ANY updates. Does it is any state I’m in!

0 Likes
Alexhatesapple74
Enthusiast - Level 2

No that does nothing to fix this problem. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Alexhatesapple74,

We want to do all we can to help you get this issue corrected. Can you advise what steps you have taken to try correcting this concern? We can advise other troubleshooting steps if we know what has already been completed.

If you haven't already, one potential temporary workaround to try is disabling Voice over LTE by selecting "Data only" via the following steps: http://spr.ly/6603EQrkz

Please let us know if this helps.

ColinH_VZW

0 Likes
lcl92629
Enthusiast - Level 1

Not only does my brand new XS Max drop most of my calls, people tell me that they cannot hear me clearly. I sound garbled, and the phone cuts in and out, so they only hear every other word. 99% of the time, they become frustrated and hang up on me!  I really regret upgrading from my 7Plus. I paid $1100 for a phone that does not work properly. I HATE this phone. Verizon blames Apple, and Apple blames Verizon. I'm so frustrated that I'm considering going back to a landline and doing without the convenience of a cell phone. 

0 Likes