XS Max dropped calls after answering (2-3 seconds)
martin48083
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seen a few threads regarding dropped calls on the Xr, however none on the XS Max. As stated, my XS max will suffer from "Call Failed" after placing OR receiving a call and the call is answered (2-3 seconds after answering). So far the only way to 'fix' this issue is to do a full reboot of the phone, but I've been having to do this daily.

For some background, this only happens during weekdays when at my work. The building I'm in does hamper signal quality to where I may lose data or drop to 3G, but rarely ever lose cellular service. I've received a few calls on my personal cell while at work only to have them drop and people think I hung up on them. The majority of my issues happens when I leave work and use my car system to dial my wife. I've since left the building and will be outside in a good signal area, but still have to reboot the phone to make any calls.

While this started out as a minor annoyance, this is a serious safety issue in the event I need to call 911 or contact someone quickly.

Troubleshooting efforts thus far:

• Restart device (fixes issue for ~1 day)
  • Reset network connections - no help
  • Toggle airplane mode - no help
  • Remove and reinsert SIM - no help
  • Update iOS - always up to date, no help
  • Update carrier settings - no update available
Labels (1)
Re: XS Max dropped calls after answering (2-3 seconds)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details and for reaching out to us through this platform. We'd love to assist you further with this issue. Do you see these same issues if you are outdoors? Do you have case to protect your device? If yes, does signal improve if you remove it?

- AbrahamS_VZW

0 Likes
martin48083
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, I will be outdoors (in my vehicle) when the dropped calls are made. My signal appears to be fine when outdoors/in my vehicle and often carries 4G LTE without issue.

I have apple's silicone case on the device (a very minimal case in comparison to something from Otter for example). I have not noticed any issues with my signal with the case on or off.

I followed the troubleshooting guide on verizon's website and found that disabling and re-enabling HD Voice appears to have improved my situation for the last 2-3 working days. Any other advice is welcome.

vzXsDROPSCALLS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon:

THIS IS NOT A LOCALIZED ISSUE

Every person reporting this issue has experienced it in multiple locations. I live in Los Angeles, and it happens everywhere. I am currently in New York (in an area where I have full reception bars) and it just happened to me again, which is what prompted me to join this forum and write this post.

Your constant responses asking for zip codes and cross streets are either a diversionary tactic or completely misguided. 

You are clearly experiencing a software issue with iPhone XR and XS owners. The issue is specific to these models and it is occurring all over the country. 

Please stop wasting time and escalate this issue internally to the appropriate software teams so that they can properly run device-level diagnostics to identify the software issue and create a PERMANENT SOLUTION (not "toggling Airplane mode on and off" or "hard resetting the device").

Enough of this useless back and forth. If you wish this forum to be a legitimately meaningful and effective venue to identify solutions, then make it so. 

Clarinath
Enthusiast - Level 1

I started having these issues on my XS plus this morning.

Has there been any fix for the problem?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Clarinath, dropping calls on your iPhone XS Max is not the experience we want for you or anyone else that's running into this issue with dropped/failed calls. Did you notice that this became an issue after any recent software update? 

Per our internal forums, we have submitted multiple examples and are currently working on investigating this issue. At this time we are working to determine the root cause.

AlanS_VZW

0 Likes
Saikele
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the exact same problems on my iPhone XS.  I’m in the Las Vegas area and it is unrelated to my case, Bluetooth, location, signal strength, etc.  only “fix” is to restart the phone, which will work for a day maybe.  I have tried all the same troubleshooting techniques and all software is up to date.  My wife’s iPhone Xs has same problems.  As mentioned above, it seems obvious there is a device-specific conflict.  Please update us when a solution has been determined.  

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Dropped calls are always frustrating Saikele. I'm sorry you're experiencing this issue with your iPhone XS. We never want our customers to experience issues with calls and we are here to help. How long have you had this issue? Did it start the moment you received the phone or just in specific locations?  

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
nh121080
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am currently having the same issue.  It will bo ok for 2-4 seconds then cut off and say call failed.  This happens indoors and outdoors in which both areas I have LTE with full bars.  This has been an ongoing issue for the past 3+ weeks.  It did not happen until that time and it is a daily event now.  I have to turn the phone off then back on mulitple times a day.  

Tags (1)
0 Likes
kp1911

I live in northeast Texas and have the same issue.

0 Likes