System failure
XRSysCallFail

So finally I figured out why was I getting "System Call Failure" where call will disconnect after 1 to 3 seconds. Verizon replaced 3 phones but it didn't help. I have to call Apple and they suggested to canged "Enable LTE" from "Voice & Data" to "Data" only and see if it helps. That actually helpled but voice quality reduced. So it was Verizon Network. 

If you have same issue, please try this fix (sort of) and share. Who cares about the voice quality on phone as long as I can browse ;-)...

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: System failure
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

XRSysCallFail, I'm sorry you were having trouble with those dropped calls. We've been working on this situation with Apple, and it's been found that there's an issue with software on the device. That would explain why the replacements had similar trouble; it wasn't the hardware or network having the problem, but the iOS Software. I'm glad that the settings change has improved the situation for the short term. There will be a future iOS update from Apple, that will fully correct this problem. I hope that helps clarify why this happened and how it will be corrected. Thank you for your patience while Apple and we worked on this together.

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
SamS1969
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have also changed LTE option to "Data Only".  Made a couple of test calls.  All is well so far.

0 Likes
acr709

how do you change tITE o data only 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

You can access these settings though the steps provided here: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207189/ . AustinL_VZW

0 Likes
Shaas001

I have been pulling my hair out over this issue.  It is affecting my phone and my husband’s.  Where can I find the setting to change to data only?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Shaas001, we don't want anyone pulling our their hair. We want to make sure you have the steps that you're requesting. Please go into Settings, Cellular, Voice and Data, you can always switch to LTE, VoLTE off.   KevinR_VZW

0 Likes