Re: Slow 4G LTE Speed
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that your data is working correctly at all times, we'll be glad to help. Could you tell us when did this issues start? What does your signal show? Is this happening at specific locations?

AlfredoL_VZW

0 Likes
amandapompey

Has anything been done about this? I've had my XR for about 6 months and have been experiencing extremely slow upload and download speeds since I got the phone. I am on an unlimited plan so this should not be happening.

Zip code is 44663

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

amandapompey, we know how much of an inconvenience it can be to experience a fluctuating signal, and we want to fix this. Thank you for providing your Zip code. I thoroughly reviewed the 44663 area and found no service issues to report. Is the issue you’re experiencing happening indoors/outdoors or both? Are others experiencing the same issue?

KevinM_VZW

0 Likes
vansant
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same problems here, weak indoor signal, weak WiFi especially on 5G networks and unusable download speeds on LTE on iPhone XS Max, outside in downtown Portland! I blame Apple's use of a new company for their cellular modem, they switched from Qualcomm to Intel for the X series of iPhones, that's when the problems started for me. I have always been an AT&T customer with no speed issues. Verizon has been horrible for 2 years now! I am getting .5 - 1 Mbps download on LTE and about 35Mbps upload speeds according to google speed tests. 😞

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know how important it is to have reliable service, vansant. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused. Many factors outside of Verizon’s control can contribute to indoor performance even in cases where you may have had service in the past. Coverage may vary day to day due to a variety of reasons such as cell site changes, foliage, construction, population changes, and interference. We recommend connecting to Wi-Fi when you are indoors to improve your indoor experience. We can certainly get a second opinion with the issues outdoors. Please provide me with the city and intersection where you experience slow data speeds. I want to review outdoor coverage in this area.

GersonG_VZW

0 Likes
BRIELL13
Enthusiast - Level 3

Everyday around 2pm-3pm, speed slows down to around .2 mbps or less.   I understand it will slow down due to congestion  but that is ridiculous.  Nothing can be done at that slow of speed.  I wish I would not have gotten the unlimited plan and stayed on my metered plan. Zip is 72401. Using samsung note 9.

Screenshot_20200217-153539_Speedtest.jpg

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

BRIELL13, we understand the importance of having adequate service at all times. We want to help in any way possible. To clarify, do you have problems with calls and texts as well? Have you performed any troubleshooting steps to your device such as a restart? Do you experience this anywhere you go?

JoshuaC_VZW

0 Likes
kamkamkk

same issue. Zip 36117 and using a Iphone XR. It seems like my issue started when I switched to unlimited. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

kamkamkk, 

We understand that your speeds and service are important to you. We want to find a solution. Can you tell me if there is a pattern to your issue? Does this happen all the time and in every location? Do you have any issues with calling or texting as well?

JenelleR_VZW

0 Likes
Donna5249

Ugh!! That never works.......never works!!! Hear it all the time, reset reset reset

If I fixed cars that way, I’d be out of business soon!!!!

but multi million dollar companies can get away with it

terrible it up people, it’s not gonna get any better and the money keeps getting higher 

0 Likes