Repeated incoming text messages & Issues sending
TheGudy

Periodically, my iPhone X will receive repeating incoming text messages. Only affects texts, not iMessage. Multiple senders. I'm also unable to respond - shows as "Not delivered". I have to power off and power back on my phone, then the messages will stop repeating and I'm able to send and receive normally.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Repeated incoming text messages & Issues sending
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I hope you are having a great day so far and thank you so much for reaching out to us today. We are always here to answer all of your questions and concerns. We appreciate your business and your loyalty. We always strive to make sure that you have the best service at all times. You alluded to having some service issues in the form of repeat text messages. Help me understand what you are experiencing (the number this happens with and when it started), the zip code, and closest intersection to where you are located so that we can help.

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
Kooch123

I frequently have this issue.  Recently I got 9 copies from Amex about the same charge.  Today I received the same message 4 times. 

i feel like I reset my phone every week or so meaning this is either a repeatedly breaking state in iOS or a problem with Verizon's delivery state.  Any updates?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Kooch123, thanks for providing those details. The messaging feature is essential to have and my goal is to make sure it is working properly. Duplicate messages can become annoying. You stated that iMessaging is not affected. Just to clarify, are you using Verizon Messages or the default messaging app? What color is the app you are using?

DiaS_VZW

0 Likes