Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
mpd230
Enthusiast - Level 1

Mine has the same problem. The Verizon store employees admit that it’s a problem and keep telling me to just reset it. Apple acts like they have never heard of the problem. It’s ridiculous that a phone costbghis much and you have to reset it every day just to make a call!

0 Likes
mpd230
Enthusiast - Level 1

I love the automated responses from Verizon like they have never heard of this either. Sounds like a blame game between Verizon and apple to me

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

JWB53, we certainly want all of your calls to stay connected. As a consumer myself I want to pick up my phone and have it work at all times. When did you notice this problem begin? If you go to Settings > General > About what software version do you have on the phone?

TionnaB_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Busey20, dropped calls are never fun! I understand you use your device solely for business, and I want to help get to the bottom of your service concerns. To better assist, when did this begin? What is the nearest intersection, city, and state where the problem persists? What is your current software version? Settings > General > About > Version.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that you are having the same issue (as per original post: My iPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds) with your wife's iPhone XR device, ljsljs. While the issue is the same, each individual situation may be different. Let's get some additional information about your wife's phone specific situation.

Does her phone drop all calls about 6 seconds after the calls are started, or does this happen with specific contacts only?
Does this happen in a specific location (home, office, school)?
Did this issue start immediately after activating the phone, or some weeks or months after activation?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We do not want you to continue having issues with dropped calls. I use my phone every day and I would feel concerned if my calls were dropping as well. With regard to the dropped call issue does this happen everywhere you go? When did this start for you? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Amdowell87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Just switched to Verizon from Sprint at the beginning of this month. We have 2 iPhone XR phones and experience the call dropping issue. I contacted Verizon support and I’ve reset our phones, removed and replaced the SIM cards, etc etc. As others have experienced, it seems sporadic without a clear cause or pattern. We did not experience this with our iPhone 8 phones with Sprint. We would like to remain Verizon customers, but I’m not happy with this inconvenience. Has there been any other update on a fix for this? I’m fed up having to power off and on my phone constantly just to be able to use it.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Amdowell87, thank you for taking the time to get in touch with us on this platform. As new members of our Verizon family, we definitely want to help ensure that you can get the best service possible. So we can begin to look into this with you, can you please provide us the ZIP Code that you are currently experiencing this issue in?

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Amdowell87
Enthusiast - Level 2

48504, 48457, 48603, 48327...

Home, both of our workplaces, etc. Service maps indicate excellent service. So I don’t see a pattern.

0 Likes
1978malibu

My Apple XR started dropping calls this afternoon. My problem is identical to the problem being reported by the other Verizon customers on this thread. My XR also drops calls after about 6 seconds. I have owned the XR for a little over a month. I love the XR, but this problem is unacceptable.

0 Likes