Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
WRCone

My dropped calls are random, 4 times in the last 10 days. Reset will off-on. 

0 Likes
MLonde
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife has the same problem. Every day after teaching in a building with very poor reception, her phone won't connect unless we reset the network settings. 

She took the phone to a verizon store, and they said to go to Apple, that it's a phone issue. From this thread, it appears that she is not alone.

Have there been any solutions? From our experience it appears to happen after the phone loses a connection...it then doesn't reconnect unless the network settings are reset, which is a pain to do every time she leaves the building. Texts work, just not phone calls.

0 Likes
Amdowell87
Enthusiast - Level 2

Update: I updated to iOS 12.3 and still have the call failure issues. In the description of the update, it mentioned call failure issues with WiFi calling, but nothing specifically for the issues we’re all experiencing, which is disappointing and honestly pretty upsetting.

THIS NEEDS TO BE ADDRESSED. NO MORE QUESTIONS ABOUT ZIP CODES, ETC. IT IS AN ISSUE THAT, FOR WHATEVER REASON, IS AFFECTED BY HAVING “VOICE AND DATA” SELECTED IN THE “ROAMING” SETTINGS MENU. WHEN YOU SELECT “DATA ONLY” ON THIS MENU, THE PROBLEM GOES AWAY. THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE BECAUSE YOU NO LONGER ARE ABLE TO ACCESS INTERNET WHILE NOT ON WIFI DURING A CALL.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MLonde,

I know how important it is for your wife to have the most reliable network when she leaves work. How long have she been having this trouble? Does anyone else around her have the same problem? What is the intersection and Zip code she's near when this happens? 

JenniferL_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

What is the last troubleshooting step you've completed (if any), as well as the time duration it's been since this has been completed? AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes
Amdowell87
Enthusiast - Level 2

I’ve turned my phone off then on, I’ve toggled airplane mode, I’ve reset my phone completely, I’ve removed and reinserted my SIM card. I took my phone to Verizon to return it. They showed me that if you go to the Roaming Menu and select “Data Only” instead of “Voice and Data” the issue is resolved. However, updating to iOS 12.3 was supposed to fix this. It did not. I’ve been experiencing the issue every day when I turn “Voice and Data” back on. Any other troubleshooting steps you recommend?

0 Likes
JFranklin14

I have the same exact issue. As soon as I place a call 3-5 seconds later the call will drop. I have reset the network settings, completed a factory reset, checked SIM card for damage, had my phone setup on a diagnostics test with Apple Support, and still no resolution. Something needs to be done to fix this issue. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I found where iOS 12.3 "Addresses an issue that could cause calls made using Wi-Fi calling to drop" and this certainly in the neighborhood of your experience ( https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT209084#123 ).

To open up every opportunity for successful calls, do you use Wi-Fi calling on your XR? if not, then what happens when turning it on: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-204165/ ?
DavidH_VZW

0 Likes
valdezdarunner

I also have the same problem with my iPhone Xs.  Incoming and outgoing calls will drop until I restart the phone.  I happens on and off WiFi, at home, at work, driving.  Running iOS 12.2.  Verizon replaced the Simm card and reset network. That did not do fix anything.  I tried a factory reset and the problem continued.  Went to the Apple Store and they gave me a new phone.  Within a couple days the calls started dropping again.  So the problem is not a hardware issue.  Verizon and Apple need to get to the bottom of this issue and quit pointing fingers at eachother.  I am very unhappy after spending $1100.00 on this phone.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Being able to use your device how you need is very important and we do want to make sure that you have all the details, valdezdarunner.  Apple just released iOS version 12.3 to help address your calling concerns.  Please check for updates and update your device to the latest iOS version.  Here is a link with additional details: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-iphone-xs-update/.

AdamB_VZW

0 Likes