Re: My IPhone Xr drops calls after about 6 seconds.
pingjim
Enthusiast - Level 2

30309, Peachtree & Collier Rd.....very busy intersection.   I'm sorry but I don't ask people who their carrier is and what phone they are using.  We all just know about our own situation.  

0 Likes
pingjim
Enthusiast - Level 2

some issues on WiFi with data, but if I slip out and back into  WiFi that seems to solve.....don't know whether to blame move to Verizon or new iPhone XS.....all I know was on AT&T with iPhone 8 everything was perfect.   The dropped call after 5/6 seconds is so annoying and the fact that there are multiple blogs on internet about this huge issue is  bizzare.   I just can't believe that neither apple nor vz would come clean on it......you have a boiling mad community.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you receive the right pricing and promotion for your iPad ecoplien. I'm sorry you've been fighting this issue from the very beginning but we will get this resolved for you. Did you purchase your device online or from the store? Have you spoken with us on the phone about your concern and has there been any investigation completed for your request to have the device at the $99.99 price? 

KinquanaH_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Pingjim, we appreciate you providing the intersection. We show no reported outages in the area provided. Is this issue happening indoors or outdoors? Are other Verizon users experiencing the same issue as you? AlbertoR_VZW

0 Likes
cdiss
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have 2 iPhone XR phones and both drop calls for no apparent reason.  Our phones are always updated with the latest software. Location and wi-fi connection does not seem to matter. We have had no other connection issues (texting, etc.). The only fix that we have found is to either turn off the phone completely to reset or go into Settings > Cellular > Cellular Data Options > Enable LTE > Voice & Data, then turn off Voice & Data, wait, and turn back on Voice & Data. It sounds like this may be either a connection issue with Verizon, or a software flaw with Apple. Either way, a prompt fix would be very much appreciated. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

cdiss, seeing that both your devices are impacted, I can see why you are searching for a fix. Having to constantly change your HD Voice settings is not ideal, so we are eager for you to be met with a resolution. What occurs when you have HD Voice turned off (selected on the Data only option)?

Let's start troubleshooting. Please reset your network settings and remove the SIM. Both steps assist with refreshing the network on your device. Below are links for both steps:

Reset network settings: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207110/

Remove SIM card: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-207000/

Please note that reset network settings will erase your Wi-Fi password, so please ensure to input after your phone powers on again. Please make sure to have your device off when removing the SIM. To ensure that enough time has passed for the network to settle in, please allow 10 minutes after both steps have been completed to test out the signal.

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
Sgrijalva1985
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have a Xs max and it does it on my phone too. Have reset network setting but it keeps happening. I have done all new updates. It doesn’t happen every call but when most of the calls. When It happens have I have to restart it. Please can this be fixed soon. Too bad they don’t do what they used to give a credit for every dropped call I would anger a lot. 

UPofMI
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same issues with 2 iPhone XRs that my kids have. There is no pattern (i.e. location, wifi/no wifi, etc.) to when it happens. Phone reboots and the previously suggested LTE setting adjustment temporarily works... Very frustrating for such expensive devices and VZW plans...

casperv
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have had the same issue but with the XS Max.  Same exact issue - Verizon sent a replacement phone and in less than a week it started dropping calls again!

casperv
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same here but with XS Max!