Re: Iphone XR dropping calls
Miner700
Enthusiast - Level 1

Bought the SR in november2018, same thing happened, spent about 30+ hours resetting back to factory, apple provided a new phone same thing. Finally Verizon let me pay about $260 and they’re sending me a iPhone 8. Just garbage that I had to pay for a phone that never worked. Thanks Verizon been a customer for 16 years

debv71
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this issue since January. I call verizon over and over they have me doing all this reseting this and that. Take my chip out. I do this and it works for awhile then it happens again. Well today I can't get my phone to work with calls. So I called apple they have me totally wipe phone clean and reset it. Which is a lot of trouble if you ask me for a phone that cost a $1000. No one want to fix this problem and they make you feel stupid verizon and apple. I'm over this garbage.

debv71
Enthusiast - Level 1

Exactly the same here.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Having a working device is very important, debv71, and I know firsthand how tiresome it can be to to perform a factory data reset on your phone. If the device is still having the same issue with dropping calls, the next step we will want to take is to replace the SIM card as this is what interacts with our cell towers. You can get a new SIM card for free at one of our corporate locations or by dialing *611 to reach out to our customer service team. Below is a link to our store locator to find the nearest store:
http://spr.ly/6604EX6Oa

GregL_VZW

0 Likes
Tom-
Enthusiast - Level 1

I bought a pair of XR phones around Christmas from Costco, one has the same call dropping problem as described here,  the other one doesn't seem to have the problem. I went back to Costco in February, they said they are aware of the problem and they offered to replace the SIM card. It didn't help, I still need to reboot it from time to time when a call drops after a few seconds.

BLJ5431
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the same trouble as you are. They have sent me a refurb and it is doing the exact same thing. Our other phones are unaffected (we have another XR on account that is fine). Been calling since the end of January with no solution yet :(. Please post if you get a solution. 

chak
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the exactly same problem. With replaced phone, issue seems to persist. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to see that you are experiencing issues with your iPhone XR. This is not the type of experience we want you to have with your service. We appreciate your troubleshooting efforts for getting a new sim card to see if that fixed the problem. To be sure we are on the same page and determine what is going on with the dropped calls, tell us more. Does the service get better when you are in a different area? Are there other Verizon customers having similar service issues? Please verify the zip code to the area you are having the call problems in.

VictorC_VZW

0 Likes
Xoxoxo1
Enthusiast - Level 1

Kind of wanted to help you out with this problem your having and drop a lilttle knowledge on you. Yes the xr, xs, xs max are having dropped call issues. But its not verizons fault. If it was the network all of the phones would be having this issue. I would assume that the phones you had before did not have this issue. Thus you know its not the network. The way technology works now a days you will never purchase a finished product. That is why you always have updates on smart phones, tablets anything that uses internet has updates. This issue is a software issue that the new iphones are using. Anytime you buy a new cell phone you should have the expectations that there might be a bug or two. Unfortunately we are at the mercy of the companies like google and apple because they create the softwares that our cellphones use. If there is an issue it will be reported to them and they’ll take there time to fix. Again thats why you’ll continue to see updates on your phones. Theres nothing that you or verizon can do to fix this issue. Were basically just going to have to wait until the software issue is resolved. I hope i helped you understand whats going on a lil better. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Good morning, BLJ5431, and thank you for taking the time to reach out to us. Though we never want to hear that it's for this reason, we'd be more than happy to take a look into the performance of your service as well as your device. To start, let's get more details pertaining to your current situation. How long has this been happening for? Also, has there been any recent construction or severe storming in your area that may have caused an effect on the service? Last, don't feel as if you've made any negative impact if you haven't, but to ensure we save you from having to repeat yourself, can we have you confirm any troubleshooting steps you may have taken to try to fix this on your end?  

AnthonyM_VZW

0 Likes