Re: Iphone XR dropping calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Let's try this. Please turn off your device and remove the SIM card for a couple of minutes. Once the time has passed, please reinsert the card and power the device up.

StephanieS_VZW

0 Likes
tfisher18

I removed the SIM card and put it back in. It took a while, but the problem is back. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're disappointed to hear the issues is still happening, tfisher18. Let's continue to dig into this. How often does this happen? What do you hear when you attempt to make a call? Is Wi-Fi Calling enabled on your device? 

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
tfisher18

Happens every few days. WiFi calling is off. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you, tfisher18. Have you noticed any patterns when this happens? Do you have access to Wi-Fi where you can test out Wi-Fi Calling, http://spr.ly/6601G6KpN?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
tfisher18

I do have access to WiFi when I am home. But what about when I am not home. Today it took 5 phone calls to finally get a call to go through to my boss. I finally restarted my phone and it worked. I need a fix for this that is a true fix - not a band aid like WiFi calling that will only work half the time. If there is not a fix for this please just let me know that so that I can try to get a different phone or different carrier. Thanks. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

tfisher18, this is never the wireless experience we want for you. We value you as a customer, and wouldn't want to lose you. I've sent you a Private Note, and I look forward to working with you. 

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
AIMJU2
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have the same problem ! Been on phone with Verizon several times . Network extender doesn’t work and neither does WiFi calling. I had the same problem with my iPhone 7 Plus. Nothing fixes it!!!!! This is a Verizon problem! I’m wanting to switch providers. When you call Verizon you go through the same steps over and over never fixes anything.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

AIMJU2, we want you to stay connected, and wouldn't want to lose you as a customer! I understand you've completed troubleshooting steps and I want to look further into your service concerns. I've sent you a Private Note, and hope you hear from you. 

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes