Re: Iphone XR dropping calls
Cbartsy
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have been fighting the issue of dropped calls since January, when we purchased the buy one get one sale on iPhone XR. 

We have done all the suggested fixes to help this problem of dropped calls and I can tell you that you never know when it is going to happen. The last time it happened to me, I was getting an emergency call from my college son, who was at the emergency room severely ill, who was in need of important documents to see a doctor. This is not a time you want your phone to repeatedly drop a call and have to try to figure a way to reset it to see if it may work. I was lucky enough to be by a land line that I could call him from. If this had been a situation where I was stranded on a roadside or had been in an accident and needed my phone to call for help, it would make the dropping calls problem with the iPhone XR more that a little inconvenienct!

I am tired of the run around asking me to “describe my problem in further detail” or my personal favorite, “we are sorry to hear about any incinvienance this has caused you.” My husband and I have repeatedly spoken with several Verizon and Apple associates that have walked us through all the various “fixes” over and over. Repeating the same action over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity. We are done with riding on this crazy train!

I would appreciate a real response and not one that is scripted. A large number of Verizon customers are all having this same issue with the same phones. If it is a bad batch of phones like Samsung had with the Note batteries , then be honest and stand behind  your product and what you are selling, do right by your customers or I will be left wondering if the sale was a way to get rid of some defective merchandise Apple and Verizon were stuck with.

We have been with Verizon for almost 20 years. There have been some issues from time to time, but always it was resolved. We have never had an issue where our phones were not able to perform the simple task of making or receiving calls?! The issue with calls being dropped is not being resolved, it is barely being bandaged! When you have to constantly reset your device or turn it on and off just to be able to make a call or receive one, that is not resolving the issue! We are paying $800 for a phone that is unable to function properly and $300 a month for service, the expectation is to receive the quality you are paying for.

I do not want to hear any more suggestions about a fix that may work only for a short amount of time. Have some integrity, figure this out and make it right by your customers. 

raymears
Enthusiast - Level 1

Still no answer?

My situation is identical to Cbartsy - both my wife's and my XR are having this same problem, and have from the first day we bought the XRs.  We've also been customers for 20+ years, but are in the transition from "loving Verizon for the network coverage" to "angry we're stuck with Verizon because nobody else has coverage where we are."

I've been through tech support, higher-level tech support, forums... nobody has an answer, and I'm similarly tired of explaining that it's unpredictable and that I've tried all the easy fixes.

Indoors, outdoors, at home, in the car, at work, to any phone number, unpredictable times and locations.

I've reset the phone, pulled the SIM, reset the carrier settings, rebooted in various ways, and nothing works.  All software is up to date.

Doing the long reboot (up-down-reset until the apple appears) fixes it temporarily every time, but is an unacceptable long-term answer.

This is obviously a widespread problem for many users.  Solve it and tell everyone.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your customer loyalty is greatly appreciated and I apologize for the inconvenience. A previous iOS update has contributed to a dropped call issue on some XS, XS max and XR devices.

AyaniB_VZW

0 Likes
MLonde
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. Is there a resolution pending with apple and Verizon? You are a large enough customer to have a fix in the works...

0 Likes
GirasolePerla

Hello,

Do we have a solution for this? This just started happening to me this weekend when I went to visit my parents. The odd thing is that our plan is registered in their hometown. Then, when I returned home, the issue occured again. Once again, restarting the phone seems to have corrected the issue, but this shouldn't be a problem in the first place. I was told, by my phone, to ensure Wi-Fi calling was enabled. I did this, and it helped for a while, but the problem recurred shortly after until another reset was done.

Any help with this issue would be appreciated.

Thank you.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We're sorry to hear that you're still experiencing this issue, Girasole. Are you able to check your WIFI signal? CecileC_VZW

0 Likes
DouglasBys

I am having the same issue.  This is not a WIFI signal issue.  This is a problem with the phone.  This has happened twice to me so far and the "fixes" don't work.  Restrating it will clear the problem but it comes back.

0 Likes
Tempest1972

I have the same issue. My wife has the same phone and does not have the issue. I had a call dropped from the police when they were respoding to an accident we had. This is not a good thing since the reliability of the phone in an emergency situation possibly leaves companies liable.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I know the importance of being able to stay connected especially in emergency situations. I apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. Can you please provide the current iOS version found on your phone via Settings>General>About?

YaleK_VZW

0 Likes
Surfdog777
Enthusiast - Level 2

0 Likes