Re: Iphone XR dropping calls
TracyKahkonen
Enthusiast - Level 1

So many people are having this issue, I can hardly beleive this is still your repsonse!  How about a solution that works!!! 

0 Likes
CherokeePilot

Same thing. Happens most often with my wife who has an iPhone 7 and is also with Verizon. It doesn’t seem to matter whether I call her or she calls me. The call immediately drops and I get a “call failed” screen. Once I restart my phone it works. I have to do this at least once or twice a day.  I reset my settings and my operating system is up to date. I’m wondering whether it’s a Verizon or an Apple issue,  not that I expect either one to do anything about it. 

0 Likes
CherokeePilot

Same thing. Happens most often with my wife who has an iPhone 7 and is also with Verizon. It doesn’t seem to matter whether I call her or she calls me. The call immediately drops and I get a call failed screen. Once I restart my phone it works. I have to do this at least once or twice a day.  I reset my settings and my operating system is up to date. I’m wondering whether it’s a Verizon or an Apple issue,  not that I expect either one to do anything about it. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are able to make the calls you need every day. I would be concerned if my calls were dropped in an emergency. With regard to the service issues are you able to use data and text without issues? When did you start having issues with dropped calls? JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
Surfdog777
Enthusiast - Level 2

So far have not had to use 911 so I don't know if the problem would affect those calls or not.  It's a phone call, just like all the others, so I would bet that calls to 911 or any other type of emergency service provider would/could be dropped in the same way.

I live in Atlanta, GA.  I'm not out in the middle of the woods or 100 miles from the nearest town.

There is no rhyme or reason as to when/where the problem occurs.  It just does.

It happens during the week, and weekends, morning and night.

0 Likes
Shannonrj

This is my story exactly. How can we get help ? Verizon advertisers the best network well that’s a lie worst network.   What service plan do you have. I have the go unlimited have been told that’s why the calls are dropped because I’m on the cheap plan so they want you to pay beyond unlimited to stop the dropped calls 

0 Likes
Surfdog777
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm on the unlimited plan, in the most populated city in the southeast.  Next is to call Verizon and tell them I'm returning the phone

0 Likes
DollyFields

I’m having the same issue! I travel for a living and I need my phone to work 100% of the time! When a call is dropped while talking to an elderly client, it’s not only irritating and unprofessional, it stressful for my clients!

I never had this problem with my Droid Turbo Ballistic! 

0 Likes
Surfdog777
Enthusiast - Level 2

Have a friend who was having this issue - same thing.  They went to the Apple tech store and here's what they told her to do:

Settings - Cellular - Cellular Data Options - Enable LTE - switch from "Voice and Data" to "Data Only".

Apple told my friend that the problem would be fixed in a future update.

So far, so good - give it a shot. Verizon hasn't got a clue!

Slbdad
Enthusiast - Level 1

Having the exact same problem! I have  exchanged my phone twice! On my 3rd new Xr phone and every single one has the same issue! I have completed all the so called fixes repeatedly- which is a huge pain because then I have to go in and reload all my personal information and passwords.

Just like you, there is no rhyme or reason to when the calls drop! My biggest complaint is the non-challant attitude of the technical support operators at Verizon. This has been going on for two months and I keep hearing how Verizon knows it is an issue, yet they continue to not do anything for those of us that have been long time customers. 

We are in the same boat, AT&T is looking very appealing right now.

Wondering if they were able to resolve this issue with you? Or am I just being hopeful?