Re: Iphone XR dropping calls - solved by changing Enable LTE from "Voice" and "Data&q
braudio
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thanks for the tip - will give this a shot.  Such a frustrating issue!

0 Likes
Re: Iphone XR dropping calls
mfancy
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having this issue as well. It drops calls, my calls don't come through and people ask later why I'm not answering, and I just got messages from last night from family members that I should have gotten long ago. What can you do to fix this? I've paid a lot of money for this phone and am being billed for unlimited voice and data, when it turns out it's extremely limited

Re: Iphone XR dropping calls - solved by changing Enable LTE from "Voice" and "Data&q
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

braudio, sounds like a plan! Please keep us updated on how this step works out for you.

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
Zeb86
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife, who received an iPhone XR for Christmas, has had the same problem. She'll call me, get out about 2-3 words and the call will end/drop within 5 seconds of being connected. This happens at home, work (20+miles from home), and when traveling (different states). So it can't just be a local tower thing, right? There's got to be something with HOW the towers are handing the signal off as the device travels.

We can NEVER reliably chat on the phone nor can she conduct and business calls. We've gone through all the troubleshooting on Verizon's site and spoken with Apple.

I'm glad I found this thread and that others (unfortunately) are experiencing the same issue. For reference, I own an iPhone XS (and had an X before this) and have NEVER experienced this problem. 

Tags (2)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Zeb86, seeing that her line is being used for business and the calls never worked, I can definitely see how her connectivity issue is a major problem. I am eager to help. If the problem occurs even outside of state lines, it is easy to determine the problem is with the device itself. Aside from calls, how is her data and texts working? You have mentioned that you completed some troubleshooting steps. If you have not checked this out already and her data is working fine, then please make sure that HD Voice is enabled using this link: http://spr.ly/6600EjBDM Is there any physical damage to the device?

AkaneM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

mfancy,

We are sorry to see that you are also having the issue with your iPhone Xr dropping many calls. We know how frustrating it can be, especially because you want to be communicated with your loved ones. Late messages can also be a bothersome issue, so let me ask you some questions to get to the bottom of this. Does this mostly happen in a specific location? If so, is it indoors or outdoors? Also, do you know if it happens to other friends and relatives of yours that have Verizon? AnnaG_VZW

0 Likes

Just asking for an update? My 14 days to return this phone ends tomorrow so if this really works I can save myself the hassle. So have you still not had any issues after switching to just data only??

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

0328, it's important to us that your new iPhone XR is working as expected. I welcome the opportunity to address your inquiry. Per the thread, I do show where it was recommended to disable HD Voice and just enable the LTE (data only). Since this option does prevent voice and data from being accessed at the same time, we don't usually encourage this option but a software fix may be needed to address this matter. Can you advise if disabling the HD voice has worked for you? 

EbonyR_VZW

0 Likes
vzXsDROPSCALLS
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon:

THIS IS NOT A LOCALIZED ISSUE

Every person reporting this issue has experienced it in multiple locations. I live in Los Angeles, and it happens everywhere. I am currently in New York (in an area where I have full reception bars) and it just happened to me again, which is what prompted me to join this forum and write this post.

Your constant responses asking for zip codes and cross streets are either a diversionary tactic or completely misguided. 

You are clearly experiencing a software issue with iPhone XR and XS owners. The issue is specific to these models and it is occurring all over the country. 

Please stop wasting time and escalate this issue internally to the appropriate software teams so that they can properly run device-level diagnostics to identify the software issue and create a PERMANENT SOLUTION (not "toggling Airplane mode on and off" or "hard resetting the device").

Enough of this useless back and forth. If you wish this forum to be a legitimately meaningful and effective venue to identify solutions, then make it so. 

katcase01

Just spoke to a local Verizon store, because my husbands brand new XR has been having the same issue.  After having tried several times to fix the issue with Verizon assistance over the phone, they finally directed us to go to a local store and exchange for a new phone.  When I called the local store the sales person indicated that they have had several XR phones come back because of this issue.  They have done some research on their end and have determined that they believe it has something to do with the Intel antena.  He said they have "fixed" the issue by going into the cellular settings and turned the "Enable LTE" to "data only".  This will effect you being able to multitask while on a phone call but for my husband that shouldn't be an issue.  We haven't tried the fix yet but thought I would share the information.  

0 Likes