Incoming calls show "Wireless Caller" instead of the number after unsubscribing from Call Filter
db5226
Enthusiast - Level 2

I got a new iPhone XS Max and got the free trial of Call Filter. Well I tried it out and hated it so unsubscribed. But now over a week has gone by and all my incoming calls that are not from a contact in my contacts list shows "Unknown Name" or "Wireless Caller" but I have no clue who it is since it does not show the phone number.  PLEASE help me fix this!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Incoming calls show "Wireless Caller" instead of the number after unsubscribing from Call Filter
Bkbkbkbk13131313
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is absolutely a verizon problem. It's not an apple, nor an update problem. It's the carrier. 

Re: Incoming calls show "Wireless Caller" instead of the number after unsubscribing from Call Filter
davidschrader

I can not get rid of the sales calls. I file FCC reports. I am on the DO NOT CALL list (which I think these robo callers are using to call people), I can not block them because the use different numbers.   Since the phone companies make money on calls, their interest are with these robo callers. 

I get many calls from new people and I need to respond and not send them to voice mail. So, I look at who is calling, and I only get "Wireless Caller". How do I get the phone number displayed when the call occurs???  

I have been working on getting connect with Verizon for days... The stores are closed. The support people are not there... The on line support goes to a virtual assistance only. Calls to 611 goes to the virtual assistance.. Your customer and product support is now ranked with AT&T... A real low... But I bet you get me a bill on time... right???

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand how important your calls are to you. What is the make and model of your device?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
samanthamchavez
Enthusiast - Level 1

I removed the Verizon Protect addon that was auto added with the new phone purchase, swapped it back to the normal total equipment coverage and problem is solved. I use Youmail for spam blocking anyway and the verizon call filter is TERRIBLE. 

countrykitty28

How do you remove this?

0 Likes
KH-OrnEsh
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate you reaching out with a question about removing how calls is appearing on your phone, countrykitty28. Let me get more details to clarify your request. Are you asking how to remove the Call Filter on your device and the way the calls are being seen on your phone? One reason why you are getting the call to show on your are from a Wireless caller is how the call is being placed to you. Here's a link that shows more details https://www.verizon.com/support/call-filter-faqs/ and please scroll down the page to see the section showing " how to unsubscribe to the Call filter. Does this work for you? 

Thanks,

Edwin_L 

0 Likes