Re: Frustrated w/ BOGO for existing customers
Clieber
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do it...

The only thing they understand is CHURN.

0 Likes
Clieber
Enthusiast - Level 2

The only thing that they understand is CHURN.

0 Likes
Clieber
Enthusiast - Level 2

Do what I did. Nothing.

Don't upgrade. Saved about 700 so far on payments NOT MADE. Phones work great. 

No one said you had to get a new phone every year 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sad to hear you feel this way Clieber. We would love to discuss your upgrade options so that you receive an awesome phone for a good price. How many lines are you attempting to upgrade and which phones are you looking to purchase? We also change promotions and deals throughout the year. 

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes
jmhanisch
Enthusiast - Level 1

We did the BOGO Iphone 11 promo in Dec 2019.  It was explained that one of the new phones would require a new phone number, which we did.  Now I am told I have to keep the discontinued line active for 24 months.  This is the biggest scam ever!  I am now committed to paying Verizon $240 over the next two years for nothing.  So sick of being ripped off!!

mama23dogs
Legend

@jmhanisch wrote:

We did the BOGO Iphone 11 promo in Dec 2019.  It was explained that one of the new phones would require a new phone number, which we did.  Now I am told I have to keep the discontinued line active for 24 months.  This is the biggest scam ever!  I am now committed to paying Verizon $240 over the next two years for nothing.  So sick of being ripped off!!

Say what?   
   1.  BOGO credits usually take 3 bills to show, so you might not see credits till March. 
    2.  If it were a discontinued line, why would you need to keep it?  No.  I think you misunderstand promotion.   To get the credits on the phone you have to add a New line/number.   The installments are tied to the new phone number, do you want choir keep that new phone number for a full 24 months order to get all the credits. The installments are tied to the new phone number, do you want wired keep that new phone number for a full 24 month order to get all the credits.
       You can cancel an old number.  Why do you think you can’t?  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience we would want our customers to experience! I want every chance to investigate and rectify your concern. To provide the best support, please reach out to us through Private Message, on your Facebook or Twitter account. We are available there around the clock, and hope to hear from you soon. MichelleH_VZW

0 Likes
Jackthepumpkinking
Enthusiast - Level 2

You are very rude and immature to attack someone like that. They have every right to be frustrated with the limitations to these offers.

And claiming that despite them being loyal for 15 years that they are not loyal just because of their opinion of a situation is completely illogical

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

@Jackthepumpkinking wrote:

You are very rude and immature to attack someone like that. They have every right to be frustrated with the limitations to these offers.

And claiming that despite them being loyal for 15 years that they are not loyal just because of their opinion of a situation is completely illogical

Your post is on page 3 of a 3 page thread.  And no reference, but I gather it’s about the first response.    98/99% of customers upgrade without pulling the ‘im not appreciated because you won’t give me a free phone’ card.   The other 1-2% are already unhappy and disloyal, or they wouldn’t be complaining.  

The best thing for those people to do is go try another carrier.  if the other carrier works out for them, they are happy and Verizon doesn’t have to deal with a complaining Customer anymore.     If they regret the switch they will come back to Verizon and quit complaining. Either way it’s a win for Verizon.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience. Please be advised; this is not a live chat, and we're working to resolve multiple customer service concerns here in Social Media. I sincerely appreciate your patience. Are you still in need of assistance?

0 Likes