Re: Frustrated w/ BOGO for existing customers
mama23dogs
Legend

@Alisoccertx wrote:

Hi there Felow Verizon customer . It’s same issue . Verizon offers $500 off on any of iPhone 11 for new customers , but it doesn’t apply to CURRENT LOYAL OVER 15 years with 5 lines customers . I called them yesterday & that’s I was told . That’s pretty shady from Verizon . I looked at AT&T site & they have buy one get one iPhone up to $700 . I AM LEAVING VERIZON FOR GOOD WITH ALL MY 5 LINES  . I run a business & I always take better care of my loyal current customers rather than new customers. You are horrible Verizon . 

Leaving Verizon for a good eh?    Or will you be back in 30 months when you want a deal and AT&T has nothing for current customers.  

Verizon has 157 million connections. Even giving everyone $100 off every couple of years would be an astronomical amount of money that they cannot justify. As opposed to the churn which is about 1% of customers and half of them get a 50% off deal.   Also those deals to bring in new customers are an advertising expense. Giving existing customers a sale price for sticking around is not a business expense. 

If you want to go over use AT&T, I’ll send you out the door with a couple of warnings.  1.   The customer service is terrible. You have a snowballs chance in a frying pan of ever getting a problem solved if you run into one.   2.    Their billing, pricing, and your first bill are going to be a fabulous experience. Sarcasm intended. They still bill everything Ala’carte which is very confusing for new customers who aren’t used to it.  Any promotional credits, paperless and auto pay credits take anywhere between two and three months to kick in on your account.   3.    Verizon definitely has the best reception. After 5 1/2 years with AT&T‘s second best service, I am very happy to be back with Verizon.   4.   Read that deal very carefully. I believe it also requires that you are on their unlimited plan.   (Which May cost you more than verizon’s Plan)  

0 Likes
99GMF
Enthusiast - Level 1

I agree with everyone's frustration I have also been another loyal customer for 10+ years.  We currently have 6 lines on our plan.  I am sixk and tired of seeing great promotions for new customers.  I am fed up and will be loyal no more because it doesn do any good.  I am in the process of switching 2 lines to a new carrier.  If all goes well, the other 4 will follow when their contracts are up! Good Bye Verizon.  

rempson
Contributor - Level 1

Verizon does run upgrade specials, maybe not BOGO's, but some good deals. You just have to wait until one is available.  I got a notice from Verizon for an Iphone XR earlier this spring.  It was $300 off.  I was more than happy with my upgrade deal. 

I have been with Verizon for about 12 years.  Actuallly Verizon is the only network that works well in our rural area.  I have left a couple of times to try out a prepaid plan that was third party to the Verizon network.  Both times, I returned after a month or two.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Your loyalty for these ten years is valuable for us, and we don't want to lose you. We understand that getting the best value for your money is essential, and our mission is to provide our customers with all the options available to them. Our BOGO promotions are awesome but if you don’t have a need for an additional line there’s no need to despair. We have a solution for your needs with our trade in program, which is a simple process in which you can get money for your old device and apply it to the device of your dreams: https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/trade-in/#/?intcmp=INT-SEA-NON-SE-trade_in-03152018-DE-SR-SU-T   

MariaV_VZW

0 Likes
chpke
Enthusiast - Level 2

He has been loyal. 15 years and 5 lines. He has probably lost loyalty by being baited in early with equipment. He may be at a point that new equipment is pricy and sees leaving as the only way to avoid the cost. Sure, no other providers do bogo for existing lines. And yes he can just leave for equipment and return after obligations are met. Your good business comment makes me scratch my head. They are doing $2000 in free phones. Just fewer since it is only new lines. If verizon were smart about it, they would offer a buy one, get one half off. Offering something special for existing customers would appease some. Not just $200-300 off marked up phones. 

rcschnoor
Legend

It appears your complaints should be focused at phone manufacturers and not cellular providers. Phone manufacturers are the ones who set phone prices, not cellular providers. If you don't think phone prices are appropriate, choose a less expensive phone. You CAN purchase 2 smartphones for the price of 1 iPhone. 

Why is it for every other type of consumer electronics, or consumer products for that matter, people will just choose the one they like which fit their budgets and not complain about more expensive models they cannot afford?

There are likely cars out there with additional features I would prefer to have which may cost a bit more than I would like to pay. I don't go and ask for a bogo, I just purchase the device I can afford or am willing to pay the price.

mama23dogs
Legend

@chpke  Maybe if everyone stopped buying $1,000 phones, the prices would come down for everyone.  
Ive been buying lower cost or waiting for bargains.  I recently bought an A50, and after being unhappy with Samsung due to cost and curved screens, and the annoying Bixby button, this is what I wanted from Samsung for the past 4 years, but their $700 - $1,000 phones failed to deliver.   The A70 is coming at a similar price and even better specs.  
     I also have a $150 off an iPhone deal sitting in myVerizon account, but we don't buy iPhones.  Apple price fixes.   Which isn't something I agree with.  

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

chpke

Your loyalty is appreciated. Existing customers like you can take advantage of any promotional that we offer. However, some deals will require that you add a new line of service or trade in a qualifying device. We apologize. We're unable to waive this requirement or make any exceptions. However, we recommend that you stay tuned at our website for better deals that will fit your needs here: 

https://www.verizonwireless.com/smartphones/

LasinaJ_VZW

0 Likes
Alisoccertx
Enthusiast - Level 2

Yup . I agree . I called them last week same answer . I have 5 lines too . It's like they don't give dang about their Loyal customers . I am Already started looking at AT&T , verizon's Arch Rival . They are both good . Specially in Texas Where Is AT&T home . 

SEE YOU VERIZON 

Clieber
Enthusiast - Level 2

It should be called BOGO but... you need to add a phone.

I'm going to keep our phones till they're only good for paper weights. 

One year in on nNo payment for two phones.  That's what I call savings.

Signed

Eligible for upgrades but not gonna do it.

Suckit Verizon 

0 Likes