Extremely poor sound quality for calls on one of our lines
Therese11

We purchased a new phone for our daughter at Verizon last summer. The phone quality was never right. We purchased the same for our son that same week and all is perfectly fine. Since then my daughter has made many trips to Apple, assuming it was something with the iPhone X. After tweaking settings and software, nothing changed, so Apple gave her a brand new iPhone X. There was no change in sound quality at all, so this seems to be a Verizon issue. She puts her phone on speaker at a low setting because it is often impossible for others to hear her any other way. It fades in and out. Sometimes her voice is completely inaudible. Our daughter is a grad student, applying for jobs, and sometimes these are cross country, so interviews are conducted on the phone. What was once an annoyance is becoming a very serious problem. Please advise.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Extremely poor sound quality for calls on one of our lines
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that this is an issue for your daugther. I would feel the same as a parent regarding my childs device. With regard to the audio issues does she have this issue everywhere she goes or is this in specific places? If this is an issue in every location of travel this would have to be device related, but if this occurs in specific areas this maybe associated to the network in her area. Please clarify this information to better assist. JasperM_VZW

0 Likes
J212
Enthusiast - Level 1

I’m having the same issue and am working from home due to COVID-19.  This is not okay and I am considering switching carriers.  The zip code is 28655.  If it isn’t fixed soon, my service will be CANCELED. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

J212

We do show that our towers in your area seem to be working as expected with no alarms, we will be more than happy to get to the bottom of this as we do not want to see you go. Although the towers are functioning properly, that doesn't mean that issues don't exist. Your ability to receive optimal signal will be based on your distance from the cell site, if the site has a clear line of sight to your location that would allow the Radio Frequency (RF) signal to penetrate into your area, terrain and tree foliage (heavier foliage does obstruct RF signal), new construction in the area among other environmental factors.

https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/troubleshooting-wireless-signal-coverage-video/

Ae the issues while indoors only, at a specific location or everywhere you go (over a 10 mile radius)? Does the issue happen when calling specific numbers or all? When di the issue start? EdwardL_VZW

0 Likes