Device Payoff adds extra charge? Can anyone explain the extra payoff amount?
osg
0 Likes
Re: Device Payoff adds extra charge? Can anyone explain the extra payoff amount?
bearone21
Legend

call cs, 1.800.922.0204

Re: Device Payoff adds extra charge? Can anyone explain the extra payoff amount?
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@osg

I understand your concerns with paying off the remaining balance of your originally agreed Device Payment Plan. I want to ensure you're only paying the amount that was provided to you when you purchased your new device. I'd love to help.

Without providing any of your account information here, can you tell me, in a brief description, what was the additional or extra amount for when you attempted to pay off your device payment balance? How did you try to process this payoff; online via your My Verizon account, over the phone with a Customer Service representative or in a store? Here's a link with steps on how you can pay off your remaining balance of your device payment agreement: http://spr.ly/6605EiEbx.

AnthonyTa_VZW

0 Likes
boringusername
Master - Level 1

If you are getting a discount you lose that if you have the device off early. For example say a phone is normally $720 ( $30 a month ) but you got a $240 discount on a deal with device payments. You get that disount over the course of 24 months or $10 a month. If after say 6 months you decide you want to pay the phone off early then you owe 18 X $30 not 18 X $20 because the disocunt only applies while on device payments

0 Likes
ame53991

Thanks for that response however I also have the same problem as this stated within the thread.  My pay off vs clicking the link to do the pay off is 8.99.  Called the 800 number and rep could not tell me why other than to pay the pay off amount in full and then I would get a credit of the 8.99 at some point.  Whaaattt!!!! in the heck!!!!!  After reading thru the copius amounts of customers all stating the same thing;  I would think at this point VZ would look into it and not give their customers some major runaround; including the standard response, "don't know"

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

ame53991, Our goal is to always provide you with the most accurate information. 

If the amount on your current bill has not been paid, that will change the amount of your actual payoff. Can you tell me what the difference is from when you select Payoff, from what you were advised? 

VanessaS_VZW

0 Likes
Sam128

If you look at your bill it tells you remaining of (example) $94.00. Then you go to the home page click on the device and the it tells you pay off amount is $124.00. I do not have any discounts on my phone either and that is what it is doing to me. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Sam.  Thank you so much for reaching out to the Verizon Social Media Team! My name is Mel, I'm your customer service expert and I'll be more than glad to assist you today! Please, send us a private message.
Remember, the Verizon Social Media Team is available 24/7, 365 days of the year.

>Mel

0 Likes