AirPrinting from iPhone X to Epson Printer issue
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

My wife and I have two iPhones (an X and an 8+), two iPad Mini 4 and two iMacs. We have Verizon Fios and a Verizon router in our home which are dual band (2.4 and 5 GHZ). I also have an Epson XP-830 printer that is AirPrint capable but will only see/connect to the 2.4 GHZ signal from the router.

None of the iOS devices will only see/connect to the printer unless they are on the 2.4GHZ Wifi signal (which is much slower so would prefer to connect everything to the 5GHZ band).

But both iMacs - whether they are connected to the 2.4 or 5 Wifi signal can see and print to the printer.

Any ideas why this is happening and how to solve the issue with the iPhone/iPad?

Thanks,

Steve

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: AirPrinting from iPhone X to Epson Printer issue
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure you are provided with the best service as a consumer. With regard to the WiFi connection I want to make sure are all set with your device. Let's make sure you are all set with your device. Please use this the following link to make sure you are all set with your connection to WiFi https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-206944/. What happens when you try to connect to the network. 

0 Likes
Re: AirPrinting from iPhone X to Epson Printer issue
SW1952
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks but absolutely no help. As I said the iOS devices have no problems connecting to either the 2.4 or 5GHZ signals. The issue is the printer - like most Wifi printers - can't see/connect to the 5GHZ signal that I would prefer to use for all my devices. So why can I print to the computer from my computer that is constantly connected to the 5GHZ connection, but I can't from any of our iOS devices.

0 Likes