2 step authentication text message verification did not work with iPhoneXR
DWF_R12
Enthusiast - Level 1

During the login process to my Verizon Wireless account, even though I have disabled the 2 step authentication process for my account, it still asks for it. When trying to follow the authentication steps, sending a text message to my phone does not work. I have provided to images showing the "steps" from the text message. It first states that someone is trying to access my account, I select "Yes", then the next screen shows with no verification code and the associated error messages. I can access the account by going back and using the email method.  Seems like a bug in the system (of some type).

image0.pngimage1.png

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: 2 step authentication text message verification did not work with iPhoneXR
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Oh wow DWF_R12! There seems to definitely be some kind of issue going on here. I would be concerned if I was receiving these messages as well. Can you tell me if you receive the same messages if you try to log in on a normal PC? I ask because I want to see if this issue is isolated to the phone.

VeronicaM_VZW

0 Likes
DWF_R12
Enthusiast - Level 1

It started late last year. I am trying to login from a MacBook Pro using the latest version of Safari on that pc. It then asks for the verification code. Again, works only via email. I will try again today using a old PC laptop too and let you know. My iPhone XR has the latest software version as well. I’ll note those and forward as well. 

0 Likes
DWF_R12
Enthusiast - Level 1

I tried to access my account to answer this message thread via my iPhone XR...the phone Safari app would not open the authentication code page. Very strange behavior. Had to use the email option. 

0 Likes
DWF_R12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Tried with my old (XP) pc. Same result as with the Mac. Either it’s the mobile safari or something else...

0 Likes
DWF_R12
Enthusiast - Level 1

PC Error Screen Picture.jpg

Got this error message page from my old PC. Again, strange. Used my credentials as I use on my other devices. Same ID and Password. Possibly doesn't like the old XP system. 

Also... I thought I had disabled the two step sign in process through my account...but it's still active. That's also something that seems new

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Please don't post your personal information including phone numbers on this public forum. 

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DWF_R12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Was posting a response to a customer support person and did NOT realize this was a "public forum"... What is your role in the forum(s)? Are you a public forum watch dog? Given that my initial question took quite some time to see a response, somewhat curious as to why the quick response to this... Do you have something specific to add to the issue or just admonishing folks who might make a unknown mistake?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

New members don't usually realize this community is public peer to peer forum and not a direct link to Customer Service as you yourself indicated in your post. As a long time member I try to inform those new members of the Terms of Service for the community so they don't make those mistakes again. One of the most repeated issues is posting personal information. You can find the rest of the Terms of Service that you agreed to when you registered in this link. https://community.verizonwireless.com/t5/Community-Announcements/Verizon-Wireless-Community-Terms-of...

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
DWF_R12
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you. I am a new member and (after receiving you note) started working with VZ customer support directly through private messages to back out my posting mistake and continue to work the issue with the SSO two step authentication. Appreciate the proactive inputs.

0 Likes