change phone
snifferpro99

Currently on a prepaid plan (40 a month for unlimited talk and text and 3gb data). 

Have no desire to have a contract.  Phone is used to get and make calls and occassionally a text message.

Currently have an Iphone SE.

Would like to get an Iphone 8.  (I will buy it outright).

I know sims are the same for both phones.

Can I simply backup my iphone 6, remove sim card, put sim in new iphone 8 and have full access to the network without having to activate, call Verizon, or perform any other task?

An answer from a Verizon moderator would be helpful so that when I go to Verizon store and they tell me I can't do that, I can show them responses here.

Had experience in store before.  Reps in store siad I couldn't swap phone numbers between 2 phones.  Got on line with Verizon and they did it in less than 5 minutes.

Again, I want to take the sim out of my working Iphone SE, put it in an brand new Iphone 8 and have all my contacts and access to all the features I already have on prepaid with my Iphone SE.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: change phone
mama23dogs
Legend

@snifferpro99 wrote:

Would like to get an Iphone 8.  (I will buy it outright).

I know sims are the same for both phones.

Can I simply backup my iphone 6, remove sim card, put sim in new iphone 8 and have full access to the network without having to activate, call Verizon, or perform any other task?

YES.  If you ask Verizon they will tell you otherwise, when it’s not true.

Again, I want to take the sim out of my working Iphone SE, put it in an brand new Iphone 8 and have all my contacts and access to all the features I already have on prepaid with my Iphone SE.

No need to complicate it.   Back up the old phone, move the SIM card and restore with back up to activate. 

Done.  

That simple

0 Likes
Re: change phone
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Help is here for you snifferpro99. We can help you with your device change questions. The first thing to do is make sure the device is compatible. Please navigate to https://www.verizonwireless.com/bring-your-own-device/?cmp=KNC-C-HQ-NON-R-AW-NONE-NONE-2K0PX0-PX-GAW.... Select "I'm with Verizon". Once you are in, you can enter the device ID for your answer. You are correct about the SIM card. They use the same size. If your device is compatible, you will be able to activate the device on your own right here:https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/how-to-use-prepaid-my-verizon-app/. Please see Set up a Prepaid Family account and manage devices for more details.   BobbyN_VZW

0 Likes