Waiting for refund on cancelled order
JIJ25
Enthusiast - Level 1

I got tired of waiting for my backordered iPhone SE after a month of waiting an cancelled my order on 6/3/2020. It has been more than 10 business days and my Discover card has not been credited. I called this morning and spoke to customer service (couldn't understand her name after I had her repeat it several times) and she said she'd look into it and I should get my refund? When???? I got off that call feeling like I'll never see my money.....I should have just kept waiting for the backorder to be available. Has anyone else had this experience?

Labels (1)
Re: Waiting for refund on cancelled order
JIJ25
Enthusiast - Level 1

I called the 800 number again today and got a rep (Tammy) who seemed to be competent and caring about my issue, unlike the rep I had yesterday. She put in a ticket to investigate the matter so hopefully I'll get my refund soon (although the investigation can take 7 days).

I think part of the problem was that when I ordered the phone initially (5/3), I used paypal. I could see a pending charge in my paypal and it said the money would be released when the phone was shipped (was supposed to be 5/6). On 5/4 I got an email saying there was a problem with my payment and please pick another form of payment. I ignored that because I could see the pending charge in paypal. May 6th came and went, no phone. I chatted with a rep who said the phone was backordered and he didn't see payment and I told him it was pending in paypal, and would be released when it was shipped. He said he couldn't see that in my account but if paypal showed it, it must be fine. He told me my new ship date was 5/27. May 27 comes, no phone, still shows as backordered. Tried another chat, this person said the same thing about the payment so I thought maybe there was something to that email, clicked the link and paid by Discover. When I asked the rep if he had an estimated shipping date, he said May 6th. Really? What year? Anyway I waited another week, still on backorder so I cancelled the order at that time. The pending paypal charge disappeared immediately but I'm still waiting on the refund to my Discover. The transaction id on the charge references the order number so it must be linked. Anyway, hopefully I will hear good news soon.

If a verizon wireless rep happens to look at this, the ticket that Tammy opened is PH4976186.

Re: Waiting for refund on cancelled order
softgen007
Enthusiast - Level 2

I have similar issue with my Airpods Pro order, and beleive me Verizon customer service team have opened mulitple such tickets for me but never got refund. They just trick away the customer by giving a ticket number. Trust me it will not go anywhere. It has been 3 weeks of my retrun I did not receive refund and the only asnwer customer represntatives give is "Sorry sir I don't know, I can't do anything". I will suggest to run away from Verizon as soon as possible. Its laughabel in 2020 that for a returned item it takes months to get refund and customer service doesn't knows anything about return and refund process. Not sure where they will go.