Issues with instagram verification code to my phone specifically
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

Hello - I cannot log in to my Instagram account because I am not receiving SMS test from Instagram to login to account - I just switched over to Verizon. I am receiving SMS messages from other people as well as iMessages. I have deleted and re-downloaded the app as well as restarted my phone and nothing has worked. I have also confirmed that there is no messaging block feature added to my mobile number that would restrict you from receiving notification alerts from Instagram. Please assist.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: Issues with instagram verification code to my phone specifically
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. What happens if you try to access Instagram from your smartphone's web browser as opposed to the application? Are you able to sign in that way? 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eweir38, thanks for reaching out to us about this. I know how important his is to you. No worries, help is here. Let's work together on this. Keep in mind that if you are receiving SMS text from all other numbers, the issue is not the service or the phone. There is something going on with the Instagram app. Does it give you an option to log in with Facebook or using your email? Do you receive verification codes from other apps?

0 Likes
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

On a different instagram account (that I still have access to), if I change the number on it - the other phone (not verizon) receives the verification code.  My phone does not, which is why it leads me to believe it is something with my phone.  I am unable to login without the code to my phone (cannot use facebook or email).

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details provided, Eweir38. I know you mentioned earlier you recently switched to Verizon Wireless. Did you port your number from a different carrier? Can you try removing/reinserting the SIM card on your new Verizon Wireless phone? For directions click: http://spr.ly/6601GLwpS Before you remove the SIM, please ensure the old phone you had active with the different carrier is powered off. 

0 Likes
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

My phone number was previously with a different carrier.  I have removed and re-inserted the SIM card and am still having the same issue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the details. What happens if you try to access Instagram from your smartphone's web browser as opposed to the application? Are you able to sign in that way? 

0 Likes
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

I still need the verification code when trying to login on a web browser which still does not get sent to my phone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

eweir38, I'm sorry you are having trouble. To get a few more details, when you've requested confirmation codes or been sent ones from other companies or websites, did you receive them? Have you contacted Instagram and reported this issue? 

JohnT_VZW

0 Likes
eweir38
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have received them from other companies.  I have reached out to instagram and they have not gotten back to me in over 2 weeks.

0 Likes
Ccc99

Did u ever solve your issue? I’m having the exact same problem.

0 Likes