Re: iPhone 12 WiFi Calling Not Working - Verizon
Kubutek

I have the same issue. Trying to resolve for a couple of weeks. Did all the troubleshooting and 2 apple updates to the lates system. WiFi calling works very rarely and drops to No Service. I put iphone 12 pro max next to one of my other phones and for them wifi calling works flawlessly but not for the 12. Was this issue resolved for anyone here?

0 Likes
tsom
Enthusiast - Level 2

After several calls with Tier 2 Apple tech support, many tests, sending logs and two visits to the Verizon store (the second time, per Apple's suggestion, they swapped my SIM card to see if that was the issue. Unfortunately, the Verizon store did not have 5G cards - "they only get them with phones, so don't have any extras" - it did not help). I eventually was set up with another appointment with the Apple store. They ended up swapping my phone, on the theory it was something with the phone.

However, when we set up the phone as a new phone at the store, it would still not turn on WiFi calling. The Apple rep even did a wipe and reload of the new phone and still it did not work. He did give me a real 5G SIM which I need to take to the Verizon store to activate (I'm still using the swapped in 4G SIM).

When I got home and erased the phone, and re-set it up as mine, restoring from iCloud backup, miraculously WiFi calling started working. No idea why it would suddenly start working. I do still have to go have the 5G card swapped in, but I am leery of messing with it, as I feel it could stop working at any time.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

you were able to take with Apple support and our store location so that it may help us in the future. If you continue to run into any additional problems going forward, we are always here to help.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We want to make sure Wi-Fi Calling works on your device. How you gone to the extend of performing a factory reset on your device? Has this been an issue since you got your new device? - ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
hbaskin14

I'm having the same issues. I have to turn on airplane to get wifi calling which last for about 20 minutes then it goes out. I also have to put my phone on airplane mode to get service. I keep getting a notification saying the phone is not activated but it is. Verizon even sent me a replacement phone and I still have the same issues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, hbaskin14. We want to make sure you are able to use your device for Wi-Fi Calling. Let's see what we can do to fix this. Does this happen with every Wi-Fi connection, or just a few? CourtneyM_VZW

0 Likes
DoubleU1

I have the same problem, also have to toggle airplane mode to get on Verizon network after losing connection.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DoubleU1,

Losing connection is never fun. We want to make sure you get the best possible service at all times. How often does this issue happen? How long are you losing service for?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
karattopp
Enthusiast - Level 2

I need help too as I have tried everything listed in the forum and it is not working.  My old iPhone 7 worked great - wifi calling is a must have at my house as I do not get a decent cell signal here.  My new iPhone 12 Pro is running 14.3 and all the network settings have been refreshed multiple times, etc. etc. Please contact me.

0 Likes
karattopp
Enthusiast - Level 2

My iPhone 7 worked perfectly.  Yesterday I bought the 12 pro and can't get it to do wi-fi calling which is critical at my home as there is not hardly a cell signal here.

0 Likes