Re: iPhone 12, 5G SIM card, no 5G icon visible
chizl

After having it for couple days . I do notice the 5 g status bar when I’m away from my house . Inside the house it’s 4g status bar .  If you go near a shopping center  you’ll noticed it right away 5g. 

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

That sounds accurate...at least for my area. Although at my house I have 5G (very low bars but it was the same with LTE) and most areas around my city show 5G but I can go to a few spots and it switches to LTE. My whole city supposedly has 5G but as I've noticed with every type of service over the years there will always be spots in areas that claim to have it yet for whatever reason even outside it doesn't. I'm in a city but not one where skyscrapers or lots of tall buildings play a part in signal issues...and honestly I was surprised 5G in any real capacity was in the majority of my city (not a knock on Verizon...just that I live in a "Consolidated Government " city so...change can be extremely slow in my area lol. 

0 Likes
bgweeks

Try turning off wifi. My wifi icon was covering up the 5g icon. When I turned off wifi the 5g icon showed up. 

0 Likes
sandibeach
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live farther south...just past Venice in Florida. Research says it's not available yet

0 Likes
sandibeach
Enthusiast - Level 1

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sandibeach, I am sending you a Private Note. 

0 Likes
jerryalbertelli

I don't have the 5g icon as well. When I go to the verizon store were I purchased the phone all the displays said 5g on them. Iphone mini, pro and pro max. The 12 will not display it. I to;d them that I don't want it then because I wann know that I have 5g when 5g comes

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello jerryalbertelli,

Getting a new phone is always exciting. You can use this link to check on the coverage area near you: https://www.verizon.com/coverage-map/ Please note, service inside of a building will be different than out side. Which model of iPhone 12 do you currently have? What zip code are you in? What signal is your phone showing at the top? 

ChristopherM_VZW

0 Likes