Re: Unable to activate iPhone 12
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We would be more than happy to review your account with you. To allow us to do so, please leave us a Private Note here, or reach out to us online @VZWSupport on Twitter or Facebook. 

VZW_Robert

0 Likes
GalenJ0844
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the same issue. All of the apps, contacts, wallets, etc will transfer but the sim card doesn't seem to be working... please help. 

0 Likes
GalenJ0844
Enthusiast - Level 1

😠I haven't been able to activate my iPhone 12 for 2 days. I just won't connect. I've been put on hold by phone twice -- once for 67 minutes and once for 30 minutes to no avail. What's going on and how can this be corrected??? So frustrating and it's trending to anger at this point. My iPhone 12 says to "contact my carrier if this continues." I've tried!!! Can I please get ANYONE to contact me regarding this issue? I actually went to my Verizon store today to discover it was closed!! at 1 pm even! 

I work nights and my phone is not just for games and apps and shopping but for security when I'm walking from a vast parking lot into the hospital where I work. What does it take to get some answers??? and a connection??

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, we can further investigate this for you. We want you to have easy access to your device. Please send us a Private Note to continue.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to hear that you're having issues with your activation. Our system should be clear and ready to activate your device. When did you last attempt to activate your new phone?

EllisandraC_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Activating a new phone should be seamless and easy.  I am here to help get this resolved for you.  I see this has been 2 days ago, is your device now activated?  What happens when you attempted to activate the device?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cmcd153, we always want to make sure that you can use your device without any issues. So we can help look into this with you, please send us a Private Note. 

JoseL_VZW

0 Likes
Cmcd153
Enthusiast - Level 2

My phone activated late yesterday after several days of trying. Unfortunately I don’t have clear explanation to why to share with everyone. I turned it off and on(which I had already done about 20 times) and for whatever reason it worked on this particular time. Not sure if Verizon fixed the issue for everyone or I just got lucky. If this issue is still occurring for people buying new phones I hope their sales staff is informing potential buyers of the issue before trying to activate and leaving the customers phone non functional.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Cmcd153, that is very helpful to hear, and I am exstatic to hear that your phone is activated.  Issues like this can happen when an iconic device like the iPhone 12 launches, due to all the traffic on the network with people attempting to activate the new devices.  In the future when activating a phone make sure WiFi is off.  It will not activate if WiFi is on.  I want to make sure you are all set.  Are you able to call, text, and use data when you are off of WiFi?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are sorry to hear that you are also having issues with your iPhone 12 activating. Help is here. A Private Note is being sent to assist further. - BrittanyC_VZW

0 Likes