Pro 12 Max, Order Status Conflict
DNAtracker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Placed on-line order last Sat Nov 21 for same day delivery and the order went through.  When confirmed it showed an expected ship date of Nov 22.  OK, I can wait a few days.  Today I was billed the new amounts due from the order (phone, case and tax) in my Nov statement now due.  Shipped date passed, I get conflicting order updates.  My iPhone indicates expected ship date for yesterday.  Login on my desktop and it shows the Pro Max to be back ordered with expected ship date Dec 11.  Called customer service and was told that the order was indeed back ordered.  When I asked about billing for a back ordered phone and case,  she transfered me to a sales agent.  The sales agent advised that the phone is not back ordered just delayed at shipping and the billing is normal as they process shipping.  Verizon billed me and expects payment on the November bill, but the order status is unacceptable.  If they can't process orders correctly, I will order from Apple or Amazon.  Any other customers's having this type of order problem?  I would think that the order process should not result in two different outcomes.  The chat order status agrees, with sales.  My desktop account, order summary shows back ordered.

By the end of the order day,  I got a text messages from 32098 indicating that I could visit my local store or book an appointmrnt for additional assistance.  Not sure what that was all about?

Labels (1)
Re: Pro 12 Max, Order Status Conflict (Same Day On-line order becomes backorder)
DNAtracker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Instock iPhone order to ship same day, becomes 2 day and now becomes backorder.  A business practice by design to capture a sale/backorder when out of stock or a poorly designed order system that can not connect orders to inventory?

Called Verizon Wireless Customer Service again today and asked for billing assistance.  The agent advised that the chat order status "preparing your order for shipment" is incorrect as they have no available stock on that iphone config.  The new status is "We're preparing your order, backorder". 

As to the billing they advised that the sales tax and any fees are billed at time of order even if backordered.  I now have two options, stay with the backorder or cancel.  NOTE TO VERIZON, get the two order status databases in sync and don't let an instock item become a backorder during the ordering process.  If a customer places an instock order the item should be reserved and shipped for that order.  Buyer beware of this on-line practice or processing error.

Re: Pro 12 Max, Order Status Conflict (Same Day On-line order becomes backorder)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to investigate further and provide you the correct details regarding your order. At this time we have sent you a Private Note so that we can continue. 

GeorginaG_VZW

0 Likes
DNAtracker
Enthusiast - Level 2

And the answer is: The Verizon fulfilment process software needs much improvement.  My complete order was shipped the next day after I ordered it and arrived here today.  All the while the My Verizon page and live agents were showing that the order was backordered and expected to ship Dec 11.  The only problem I had today was convencing Verizon that I actually had a phone.  I was unable to activate it because it was not in their system.  They did not show my phone shipped or delivered.   With a little assistance from many people and a few hours later, the great Pro Max was on the network.  End of Rant, other things to do.

Vbonk
Enthusiast - Level 3

I have been having the exact same issue. I wish whoever it was that fixed it would have a look at my account. Many hours spent going in circles. Now I’m really wondering if they will even be able to get out of their own way and fix the issue. Now, how to get my money back without having to resort to spending even more time with Verizon support and ultimately Visa, which based on how things have gone so far, seems likely. What a bummer. Just a huge effin bummer. 

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Our goal is to help you as much as possible, Vbonk. You mention that yo experience the same exact issue, but we address each customer individually and we know that each case is a bit different. We know that this is about an order, what is the status of your order if you check at this link (https://www.verizonwireless.com/od/cust/orderStatusIndex#/)?

AntonioC_VZW

0 Likes