Connectivity issues after switching from T-Mobile
zackmo

I've been with Verizon since 2005, but switched to T-Mobile for a year in 2018. I'm now back with Verizon and brought the iPhone 8+ I bought from T-Mobile to Verizon. I was told before I signed up with Verizon that the phone is compatible and will work with no issues. Ever since I switched, I keep losing service and data slows to a halt. I'm now having issues with calls and texts - either they never get to my phone or they get duplicated and received 4+ times.

I walked through troubleshooting with a chat representative and tried everything they recommended - I even got a new SIM card from Verizon but that didn't help. I'm starting to think I was misled with the fact that the phone bought through T-Mobile will work without issues on Verizon. Any help and advice is appreciated because this has been a a real pain and is causing stress and unneeded missed communications.

This is a duplicate post - I cannot reply to the other one I created...

My software version is: iOS 13.1.2

Carrier: Verizon 38.0.1

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Connectivity issues after switching from T-Mobile
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are happy to hear that you made the switch back to us, zackmo. I'm sorry to hear about the service issues you have been experiencing. Have you been experiencing these issues from day 1 since transferring back to us from T-Mobile? When these issues occur, what does your phone display in terms of a signal (4G/LTE, 3G, 1X)? Do these service issues happen everywhere? JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
zackmo

This started about a month after the switch back to Verizon. It mostly happens when I'm near my home or work, and both places get full coverage by Verizon. When I'm having the issue, it always says either LTE with 1 or 2 bars or it says No Service. Turning my phone on airplane mode then back fixes the issue for less than a minute. Sometimes it's so bad I can't even search an address in Google Maps, other times I completely lose service until I reboot my phone. It seems to come in waves and I'll have days with minor issues and days with issues that make the phone unusable. 

I went to the VZW store and got a new SIM card, but that made no difference. I've also gone through the initial troubleshooting steps with a chat representative but those just lead to the bandaid fixes mentioned above. I was told before I switched back that my phone (iPhone 8+) would have no issues having come from T-Mobile, but that seems to not be the case...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That was helpful information, zackmo. If we checked your device and if it was determined that it was compatible with our network, then it will work. However, we can't guarantee that the service will work on it at all times. There is a lot of variables that can play into this when the phone was constructed for another carriers network. What's holding you back from getting a Verizon device?   JoeyM_VZW

0 Likes
zackmo

I bought the phone a year ago and it's in great shape, plus I was told that there shouldn't be any issues with my phone after sending in the IMEI #. It's a bit deceiving to be told that the phone is compatible but not be told that there could be network issues. Kind of a bait and switch and a slap to the face, don't you think? I'll be more than happy to trade the phone with you guys at no cost for the exact same model that's compatible on the VZW network.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I do understand where you are coming from, zackmo. We always want to be sure that you get the most out of your device. While we can't trade in the device at no cost, we can certainly review options for getting you a Verizon Wireless device. Since we can't guarantee that all features will work with a non-Verizon device.

ErinW_VZW

0 Likes
zackmo

Ok, how should I get in touch with you?

0 Likes
hafitz04

This is happening with me as well - did it end up improving with a new device? My wife has an iPhone X which was perfectly good but has all these same connectivity issues....

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hafitz04,

We want to make sure you and your family can always rely on great service from us. Issues like this would get old fast. We're glad to help. What issues are you having with connectivity? Do they only happen in certain places or wherever you go?

AndrewT_VZW

0 Likes
leopardangie
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the same thing with a Verizon phone. I switched to spectrum for TWO days and on coming back I have one bar and my mms'won't go through. 

I have literally spent HOURS with Verizon reps trying to resolve this and don't understand what would have changed. 

I'm starting to wonder if spectrum does something when you switch or Verizon doesn't switch well with a two year old phone to force you to buy a new one. 

I don't understand how it could be working fine until I switched. 

0 Likes