Choppy calls, straight to voicemail, multiple duplicate text messages
Blackvans1234

My iphone 8+ is on the fritz.

For the past few months It has been suffering terrible call quality despite good service. Occasionally the bars will quickly jump from full, to 1, to full, to 2, etc. I have extremely bad reception during phone calls, despite having full bars at the time. This occurs indoors, outdoors etc. Occasionally I will get good call quality.

I get repeated duplicate text messages from people, IE the same message four, five, six, seven times. This is inconsistent.

I will have an incoming phone call go straight to voicemail. for no apparent reason, I will not be shown a missed call, and then the prompt for ''one new voicemail'' will come up on my screen.

I also noticed my GPS positioning is slightly off and the ''pointing/headed" direction (when using maps app) is skewed off to the side.

I have reset my network, and replaced the sim card. Despite this I am still having issues. I have done the other phone reset (hold power button and volume button) as well.

I am incredibly annoyed, as I need to make phone calls fairly regularly.

It seems like I will have to buy a new phone.

Yes my iphone is updated.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Choppy calls, straight to voicemail, multiple duplicate text messages
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, Blackvans1234. Let's look at the fluctuating signal issue, as that may be the cause of many of the problems. Please follow these steps, and let us know what happens: https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/apple-iphone-8-plus-troubleshooting/#/main/device/&MQ9C2LL%2... .

MatthewG_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Re: Choppy calls, straight to voicemail, multiple duplicate text messages
Blackvans1234

Your link just brings me to the general troubleshooting page

0 Likes