voice mail not showing up, then showing up all at once
dior29

My phone is doing a thing lately where I won't have any voice mail indicators for days, then I'll suddenly have a whole lot at once. The first time this happened, I suddenly had TEN voice mails, some of which were weeks old. It happened again today; this time I only had four,  but again they were days old and I'd had no indication of them previously. What's up with that?

iPhone 7, iOS 12.1.4.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: voice mail not showing up, then showing up all at once
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

dior29,

I understand your concern with the voicemail delay. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. Are you able to use data related apps when not on Wi-Fi? What have you been doing the 2 times they have shown up all at once? Did you get any message between the oldest and newest that came in on their own? 

DerekR_VZW

0 Likes
dior29

"Are you able to use data related apps when not on Wi-Fi?" Yes.

"What have you been doing the 2 times they have shown up all at once?" I am not entirely sure. I THINK what's triggered it is I've gotten a voice mail from a known contact, then they all come in. All the other ones (the old ones that I'm only just now get a notification for) are from unknown numbers. I'll try to verify that if it happens again.

"Did you get any message between the oldest and newest that came in on their own?" Pretty sure I went weeks without having any VMs show up.

0 Likes
vagabond94

For me, I opened voicemail and watched 7 messages populate in front of me. Some over a week old. I may not have opened it at all during that week. (Why would I if I didn't get a notification?)

I can't say for sure, but I do think I've been having trouble accessing data apps when not on wi-fi.

0 Likes
vagabond94

I can also add that I am not getting notifications of some calls or messages - even those from my Favorites and my Emergency ByPass numbers.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for that information, dior29. How do you check your Voicemail? How often do you check it?

PedroM_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to keep you updated with notifications and ensure your data is working, Vagabond94. When did you first start noticing the issue with missed calls, messages, and notifications? Are you noticing this issue with select contacts or does it seem random? What is happening when you attempt to access your apps off of WiFi?

ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
dior29

"How do you check your Voicemail? How often do you check it?"

Normally I don't check it unless I see a notification on the phone icon, or get a pop-up that there's a new voice mail.

How do I check it? Phone icon, voicemail in the lower right, tap whatever message I want to access.

0 Likes
vagabond94

When did you first start noticing the issue with missed calls, messages, and notifications?

It's been happening the past couple of weeks. It seems to be around calls and messages as I get notifications from other apps. This seems to still be happening for the most part.

Are you noticing this issue with select contacts or does it seem random? What is happening when you attempt to access your apps off of WiFi?

It seems a bit random. It included people in my contacts (including Favorites and the Emergency Bypass numbers) as well as people I had never had contact with before.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Got it! Any problems with making/receiving calls or text messages? Have you tried restarting your device?

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes