note7 for iphone 7+
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

...now that the iphone 7 "launch" is coming this week, for those of us who still have our original NOTE 7's what would the process be to replace it with an iphone? I would presume since "...return or exchange through 9/30/16 and waive restocking fee" means I could return the note 7 and then, in theory, purchase the iphone.  Any others thinking of a similar venture? My only concern is for iphone launches usually the actual launch day is quite ridiculous and typically preorder all my smartphones to avoid the mayhem.. Hmmm?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: note7 for iphone 7+
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

You would probably need to do it on launch day in store because until the phone is returned you won't be eligible to preorder (unless you pay full retail upfron assuming you did a payment plan for the Note 7). Because the preorder is in a few hours it might not be something youll be able to get a clear answer to before it starts so you really may be limited to waiting until launch day.

0 Likes
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I visited a corp store yesterday, he did not even give me the option of buying out the contract then returning the device for a refund later, which I may have done since the money would be coming back to me anyway. He pretty much said swap to a loaner device (not provided by Verizon unless I were to wait for the replacement Note 7 then they could provide any other samsung device for loaner) or wait for launch day because for them to do the swap they have to activate another device on the spot.

0 Likes
kaebfly
Champion - Level 3

If you were wanting to pay off the device (as in pay the full retail) you can do it in My Verizon but I think there is a misunderstanding as to you having the money coming back to you. If you pay it off you will own the device. If you turn it in after paying it off you won't get anything but your new iPhone free...unless thats what you meant by getting it back. They will not give you a loaner so no surprise there. You would need to have your own old device to use until you get the 7 or borrow one from someone. Thats honestly your best option. But if you can't get a loaner to hold you over and want to pay the balance of your device payment plan for that phone then you can log into your My Verizon and do so.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

If you returned the phone last week like recommended then the system by now should have shown you as a new customer. You could have just ordered it like normal would. If you kept you device until recently it will take a highly knowledgeable rep to do a lot of legwork which most reps don't know or don't want to do and takes managers approvals.

0 Likes
iDroid
Contributor - Level 3

I just returned a Note 7 at my local store yesterday and pre ordered an iPhone 7 plus so it can be done, you just won't have a phone on that number for a while lol.

0 Likes
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wish I had returned the phone before the preorder madness happened. I could have used another line on the account for a week. but oh well LOL..

0 Likes
radnj1972
Enthusiast - Level 3

..duh of course, but I cannot afford to be without a phone for the time it takes for the preorder device arrives. I wound up just swapping out for a iPhone 6s for now and will look at my options later on once the iphone7 madness settles down. Preordering now is taking you into november at least for the jet black color which is the one I was hoping to get.

Tidbits
Legend

That was the mistake most people made.  I been since the first day of the recall kept telling people to do the return.  It'll save them headaches if they decided to get the V20 or the new iPhone.  Smiley Sad sadly the ones that saw what I was saying didn't listen and found excuses not to listen.  Some of the flat out all started to rant and rave because they couldn't preorder right away and not have deliver dates like December...  At least I had the last laugh for those guys that tried to troll me

0 Likes