iphone trade in rip off
REBELWOAC

I sent in 2 of my IPhone 6's for trade in. I get an email
back saying one of my phones had a crack or dead spot in the screen and only
crediting me $107.00. It was not damaged when I sent it. The other phone showed
in the email canceled. I called and spoke to a rep Oct 25,2016 who sent me a
black and white picture of a phone with screen damage, I cant even be sure that was my phone.

There was no way my phone was damaged like that when I sent it. I inquired about the other phone
and she said that they had both phones but some how the same phone number was
submitted twice. I did not submit the same number. However, the rep told me to
go on line and do the trade in again and they would update their systems and
the trade in department would appraise my phone. I get in the mail the other
day a box to return my phone. What the heck? My phone is already returned. How am I suppose

to return a phone that was already returned. Is this how Verizon gets out of crediting their loyal customers?
Are you now going to be rip me off on this phone!? This is completely
unacceptable.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iphone trade in rip off
oesistar07
Contributor - Level 2

I just sent my phone in and I took a picture of my phone in the box just in case they say that about mines.

sheritah_vzw
Verizon Employee

It is understandable that you're concerned about the trade in credit. Your loyalty is appreciated and we want to help make this a better experience for you. Let's discuss the phones in more detail. When we find damage on a device the device ID numbers have to match. Were you able to see the device id on the photos that we sent to you? This is how we confirm that it was the phone you that was submitted. As for the other device, did you send it in a separate box or the same as the damaged phone?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter

VZWSupport

0 Likes
REBELWOAC

Thank you for responding to my post. I sent both my phones in their own separate box. When I called in on the 10/25 the representative told me I had submitted them both under the same phone number. I know when I did it on line it was under the two different numbers that I have and I received two different boxes. The rep advised me that they were both received however being it was under the same number she told me to go on line and submit it under 352065064982132 which I did. She told me that it would be appraised and the credit applied. I received in the mail a box to send in my phone. I have already sent my phone in. This is very frustrating. I sent in two iPhone 6's in excellent condition, one I am told was damaged and the other I have yet to receive my credit. I do hope you are able to assist.

Sincerely

Christine [Removed]

Sent from my iPhone

personal information removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
takendraw_vzw
Verizon Employee

You are very welcome Rebelwoac. Our overall goal is to get the proper credit for you to ensure that your concerns are resolved. When dealing with a trade in device, you would need to speak with the Trade-In Center to ensure that all options are covered. As we don’t have possession of the device, you may be able to speak with the management team at the Trade-In Center to see if any additional options or if this can be investigated deeper for you. We would absolutely help if we had access to the trade information however since this is handled in a different department, I’m sure a resolution can be reached. I wish we had additional information to give to you however this would be the most updated information we have.

-TakendraW_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
REBELWOAC

Is there a number that you can give then for the trade in group?

Sent from my iPhone

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want to make sure that you stay on top of your trade-in. You can contact the Device Trade-In Team at (800) 416-8894.

HarleyE_VZW Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
TRANTA04

I have the same problem, they gave $160 for my iPhone 6 trade-in and $40 for my iPhone 5s trade-in.  My order date was Sep 21, 2016. When  I called Verizon Customer Support at 800-922-0204 the rep told me my order date was Oct 3, 2016. As a result I'm not qualified. I still have Verizon Order Confirmation email and a hard copy I printed out on the ordered date to prove that. She told me to go to a Verizon store to provide the paper work and solve the problem there.

Hello HarleyE_VZW,

Is there a way to talk to a real human at the trade-in department on the phone number you provided? I called several times and only machine answered.  There is no options to talk to a human representative.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Great question! We want to make sure that you can get in touch with a live representative with the Trade-In Team. I would recommend, when calling the number, dialing 2 and then dialing zero multiple times. This should cause the system to route you to an available representative.

HarleyE_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Corect Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
Nightrider7986
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am experiencing the same issue. I sent in a Gallexy S5 that had a value of 200.00 but just now received an email stating that they did not receive an S5 and my phones only worth 57.00!

How do I get my phone back as I can sell it everywhere else for a lot more than what Verision is offering me.

The last thing that I knew about what I signed it didnt state that I had to take what verizon gives. and there was an 85.00 trade in incentive also that wa not added on.

0 Likes