iPhone Visual Voicemail Issues
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

IMG_1003.jpegI noticed today that my VVM was gone from my iPhone. It has been replaced by a lovely blank screen that says Call Voicemail. I tried rebooting the phone. Turning off WiFi and rebooting. Resetting Network Settings. Nothing has worked. I did a chat with VZW and the rep checked my features and we did a few reboots. Nothing helped. Also, when I call in to VM I get that stupid envelope information and it seems VZW took away the ability turn it off.

Anyone have this issue and fix it? I am on iPhone 7 Plus.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: iPhone Visual Voicemail Issues
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Yikes. That's not good. Hope you can figure it out.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

So frustrating. My next step is to get a new SIM card and see if that helps.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

sprmankalel

It's a must that your voicemail work properly. Let's see how we can get this fixed. Have there been any recent changes to the software or addition of new applications since this issue began? What happens if you check your voicemail manually by dialing *86 and send?

SheritaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It's imperative to have a working voicemail system, sprmankalel. You have completed the right steps in order to try to get the Visual Voicemail working once again. As one more troubleshooting step, please navigate to Settings>General>Reset and select the option for Reset All Settings. Does this resolve the issue? If not, I have sent a private message so I can help reset your voicemail. I look forward to your reply as needed.

LaurenC_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Thank you to @laurenc_vzw for attempting multiple times to help fix this issue for me. Though we didn't find the solution together, I appreciate the assistance.

I have recovered my VM.

I opened up iTunes on my computer, plugged the phone in, put it in recovery mode and selected UPDATE. This fixed the issue for me WITHOUT having to do a full restore.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm so glad you didn't have to completed restore the device! Thanks for following up with us. More importantly, thanks for being our customer.

TamaraH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
TaPoh18

I had the same problem after upgrading my iPhone X to the XR.  I was able to fix it just by upgrading the software (it was running an older version of IOS 12, and upgrading to the latest version magically fixed the problem and Visual Voicemail is working normally.  If you are already at the latest version, you may be able to force the iPhone to reinstall IOS.  Note that the OS upgrade doesn't require any restoring of data or apps, which made the process really fast.

0 Likes