Re: iPhone 7 1x 3g LTE switching
Zilbeer
0 Likes
LRennock

Josephe_vzw you are reading the threads across the board and across the United States. It's seems to be something with either the phone or the network. I know that no one wants to point the finger at the other person but clearly this is a problem that should be brought to the attention of the higher ups. Like earlier post mention that we pay the most of any of the major carriers in cost and sorry to say, expect what we pay for. I never had a issue with my iPhone 6 regardless of iOS operating system and when putting my brand new iPhone 7 next to my wife's iphone 6 ( both on Verizon, both running the same ios system, just carrier was different (24.1 on 6, 25.1on 7) and both in identical otter box symmetry cases) the reception and signal is night and day. I know Verizon and apple are not prepared to swap out thousands of phones for this so there needs to be a happy medium. It's frustrating to have to look at a 849$ device and it says 1x/3G to only put it in airplane mode and back into cellular to pick up the right network antenna again. Please forward all these threads to apple and the heads of the technical DEPT and solve this issue.

Respectfully Submitted,

A long time, acct in good standing customer!!

0 Likes
Bruno2812

Some foruns have this suggestion:

"If you are experiencing frequent signal dropouts specifically with the iPhone 7 (where you had no issue prior to upgrading to the iPhone 7), you may wish to call Verizon technical support (ask for tier 2 support) and reference issue tracking number 102095-091716. "

I'm in Boston,MA and running iOS 10.0.2 on my iPhone 7 having the same problems most of you are reportin. Never had issues with my iPhone 6. It must be something wrong with Verizon's new advanced LTE

0 Likes
JohnB_VZW
Verizon Employee

Having a working phone is definitely important so I understand your concern Gary. I apologize for all the inconvenience this has caused.

What software version are you running on the phone iPhone 6s and 6s Plus Updates Support | Verizon Wireless ? When did you start having these issues? Do you have WiFi turned on when this happens?

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

Bruno2812,

We never want for you to experience signal issues, especially on a brand new phone. Tier 2 Tech Support is right here to help with everything. What Zip Code are you in? With the signal fluctuating, are you receiving dropped calls or other issues? Have you had these problems since the first day you have used the new phone?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
LRennock

I am having the issue in NYC metro area to be exact. But have noticed it more in the 10303/10308/10312/10314 zip codes as well as jersey city / Bayonne / and on the lower east side of Manhattan 10013.  Went to VZ store today and swapped my sim because the tech said that is the issue. I will try this for a few days and see.  I will continue to monitor the thread to see if anyone else has seen an improvement.

0 Likes
Dontbecomcast
Enthusiast - Level 2

There's only one way to get some real attention to this. Outside pressure and to get the word out. Instead of getting lame and unhelpful responses from all these T1 "support" people. Take the word to social media. Send tweets to Tim Cook, Apple, Verizon, and any/all media outlets you can find. Eventually the story will make the news and then MAYBE something will be done about it. Use the #antenagate2016 hash tag to get it trending.

Maybe be some external pressures will get the ball rolling. Samsung would be thrilled to know the iPhone is crap. New google phone coming out as well! Bet they would like the market share. So would AT&T and T-Mobile.

Go! And shout it from the mountain tops! Use your social media for change!

0 Likes
QUENTC3
0 Likes
RyanTV
Enthusiast - Level 2

There are no carrier updates Currently. 25.1 is the latest.

Verizon really needs to communicate with their customers. They MUST be aware that this is a fairly widespread issue. A little official communication goes a long way.

0 Likes
Nadrob

Same thing here, constantly dropping down to 1x or no service at all. I tried all of the fixes and non of them worked. I am located in 08731 and  I did not have this problem with my 6s.

0 Likes