Re: iPhone 7 1x 3g LTE switching
Robjohn53

Verizon you boat all the time on TV about the best LTE out there but you have serious problems I bought a Iphone 7 Plus. Because you required me to pay for a [Removed] phone a Samsung S4 that kept over heating and shutting down All tho you replaced it 3 time you told me the only solution was to pay off the junk phone. so i could upgrade to a new and better phone. Ya should have never charged me for that [Removed] phone in the first place it was junk. I played your [Removed] game and paid it off. Got a Iphone 7 plus and n it drops from LTE to 3g and 1xs. Stop telling these people how your so concerned about there service. It's all lies and what you are programed to say. You all lie through your teeth and it sad you have to work a job that requires you to do so..You need to stop blaming apple and them blaming you and fix the dang problem. That plain and simple..there is none of these things that fix the problem that you all are suggesting to do. We been through it countless times over and over. 10.3.1 dose not fix the problem nor dose apple say it dose. You charge a fortune from all of us and ya don't fix it. Stop lying to us and just do the right thing and don't just wait for the next phone to come out to fix it.. I'm ready to find another carrier cause you all have lied from the start...

inappropriate content removed as required by the Verizon Wireless Terms of Service

Message edited by Verizon Moderator

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We appreciate your loyalty and would be frustrated if I was in your shoes. I enjoy my iPhone 7 plus and want that for you. Our goal is to give you the best service possible. Can you tell me when you experience this problem? Is there a pattern? Is there a time of day or location?

0 Likes
JAMWAT35
Enthusiast - Level 1

This thread has been going on for nearly a year!!! Why isn't Verizon fixing this?  I had to turn off HD Voice which seams to help a little but this isn't a fix. This is turning off a valuable feature to have my phone kind of work.  I also left ATT to come to Verizon, I've never had so many dropped calls and areas of no service as i have had with Verizon.  Most of the time when talking to my wife on the phone we just have to say i'll talk when we get home because the call drops every few minutes.

I have little to no service in my office which is next to a major airport and I am constantly turning to airplane mode then switching back.  Count down is on for the contract to be over so I can go back to AT&T

helmut113
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes.  Exactly the same here.  I am in an office building in downtown Richmond, VA and I see one out of five reception dots of "LTE," when in reality the connection is slow as a snail.  When I'm in interior offices, I need to manually switch off LTE and use 3G just to get SOME data (why the phone doesn't do this automatically is beyond me).  I was at the Atlanta International Airport last month and couldn't connect to data.  Same thing when I was at Citizens Bank Park in Philadelphia.  I have reset network settings, gotten a new SIM card, gotten a replacement phone, and wiped and set up as a new phone.  Still no resolution.  Why am I paying all this $$ for the "best" phone on the "best" network when the reality is I had better connection speeds with a Sprint flip phone in 2005??

0 Likes
iunderpressure

I own my iphone 6 plus. I just switched from at&t. Im under no contract. I live in southern Indiana. My zip is 47140, but I really live 8 miles from the town of that zip. I drive to Louisville on I-64 all the time. My phone drops data streams and calls all the time on the intersate. It will go from LTE to 1x in the same area. Near my house there is a clear view of a verizon owned cell tower that gives people LTE servive. I usually have 1x. I've done everything in this thread. After resetting my network settings, I think things are worse. I've had AT&T since about 2002. Even though there are parts of my county were only verizon works. I feel like I'm going back in time using a much older system. It seems like there is a delay when using data even if the signal is good. I have one bar at my house, so I have to make calls through wi-fi. Were my phone wants to send data over that one bar and not use the wi-fi that is full strength. So at home I have to turn it on airplane mode with the wi-fi on. When I leave i have to turn airplane mode off, which i forget to do all the time. At&t just worked much quicker and had zero LTE service issues on Interstates near me, and my phone worked on my wi-fi at home Without have to turn anything on or off. I also wonder if Verizon shuts down LTE for cost savings or some type of speed control.

0 Likes
alicias_vzw
Verizon Employee

iunderpressure,

I’m sorry that to read that your signal fluctuates so much that it is affecting your data & calling abilities. This is truly not the experienced we want anything to have. I appreciate the details you’ve provided. Let’s figure this out. In looking at the Zip Code area of 47140, it shows there is a tower 1.22 miles away, another tower 5.44 miles away & another one 5.9 miles away. These tower distances may not seem far, but in some cases, there can be issues that arise. Even within a coverage area shown, there are many factors, including but not limited to, usage, customer's equipment, terrain, proximity to buildings, foliage, and weather, that may impact service that are not within our control. How many dots of service do you normally have? Do you know other VZW users with the same issues?

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
toddpratt
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have been having this issue since I switched to Verizon last December.  My phone appears to only have the problem at work where we have LTE cells installed in the building because we are a big Verizon customer.  I was previously on AT&T with an iPhone6S plus with zero issues.  Now with an iPhone7 plus and Verizon I have the issue.  I always have full bars as I sit about 20 feet away from the cell, but the constant dropping/switching has finally gotten on my nerves after 10 months.  Nobody else in the office with Verizon and iPhone is having the issue. I got a new SIM, reset network settings, running the latest software/carrier settings, restored the phone as new and nothing has worked.  I see that this has been a major issue for a long time.  What can be done to end this nuisance?

0 Likes
ZACJON3

I have been having the same problem since I switched over from T-Mobile and purchased the iPhone 7 in July. I never had problems before switching to Verizon. My network shows 1x or 3g at least 50% of the time. I live at 84401. However, I travel for work, and have yet to travel to an area of Utah where this doesn't happen at some point. Occasionally I show LTE, but that never lasts in any area I've been in.

0 Likes
jw242usa

I have a iPhone 6s and a iPhone 7.  The iPhone 7 is switching randomly from wifi in the home to 3g and when around town switching from LTE to 3g or 1x.  While my iPhone 6s is not having any problems at all while this is going on.  Any fixes yet Verizon?  I got an overage charge $$$ this month for going over data plan.  Not cool, might have to switch providers if this continues. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

jw242usa, we never want to see you go! I certainly understand the need to have a reliable phone. When did these troubles begin? What ZIP code are you located in?

Tionnab_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!