Re: iPhone 7 1x 3g LTE switching
jw242usa

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:14 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

It’s important that we deliver reliable coverage, ZACJON3. We regret hearing you haven’t had a reliable experience since joining our family in July. Let’s get this turned around. Does this only seem to affect iPhone’s device, or have you seen other Android device with the same issue? Have you checked for any recent software updates on your device?

JosephE_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
jw242usa

No other devices are effected and all updates are current.

On Mon, Sep 11, 2017 at 5:19 PM vzw_customer_support <

0 Likes
swajsofa

Anyone ever get a resolution to this? I’m having the exact same issues now in Philly. Workers at the Verizon store said it’s Apple’s problem, but I went through a full hardware diagnostic, reset of the phone software and SIM replacement at the Apple store, and it’s still happening...

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I rely on my service to work well where I need and we want to ensure you can rely on your service, swajsofa. Let's take a closer look into what's going on. Please tell us more about what's happening with your device. When did this start? What are the cross streets and city where you are located when this starts?  DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
swajsofa

It started about a day after I switched to your service at the beginning of this month. It happens everywhere I go. As far as I can tell, there are no specific triggers that I could point to. The phone just cycles through networks sporadically and always eventually completely loses service at some point and never comes back until I reset the network settings.

The store representatives have been completely unhelpful and blamed it on Apple. I went to Apple and completely reset and updated the phone and installed a new SIM card. Additionally, from my own online research, I found suggestions that it may have something to do with the Preferred Roaming List. I've turned off roaming on my phone and found that seems to help keep the phone from cycling through networks but doesn't solve the problem; thanks.

0 Likes
swajsofa

I would add that resetting the network settings once isn't a guaranteed fix. Sometimes the phone will restart and simply continually search for networks but never actually connect to one. In those situations, I have to keep resetting the networking settings until it eventually works, which can take half an hour or more. There have been occasions in which it never reconnects in some locations and only works when I leave that place. That has occurred at multiple locations so I couldn't give you an exhaustive list of when or where it occurs, but it has all been in areas where your network is supposed to be very strong.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That information is very helpful, swajsofa. We want to ensure that we do everything possible to help keep you connected. Please tell us, do you know if any other Verizon users are experiencing similar issues in this location? Where was the iPhone 7 purchased? Also, what is the model number of your iPhone? You can find this information under Settings>>General>>About. 

LauraF_VZW

0 Likes