Re: iOS 10/iPhone 7+ constantly dropping service..
KymBaine

I am having this same issue, and the tech support guy at Verizon tried to tell me this was not a known issue.  I told him to look at his own website, and that there are already hundreds of people having this issue.  I'm hoping Apple's support is more helpful.

0 Likes
DAVLEV98
Enthusiast - Level 3

This issue is making more news.  Below is an new article from Gizmodo.  And yet Verizon still remains silent about the issue affecting their customers.

The iPhone 7 is Causing Connection Hell For Verizon Customers

RTF87

Issue happened to me while driving on Sunday in the tri-state area. Lost service for almost four minutes. What type of QC was done with this phone?

0 Likes
banhbao

Been having similar issue for couple days. Brought back to Verizon store, they denied the issues and said they will charge me  $35 if I want to return. WFH.

0 Likes
BENNEB
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having the issue too... I spent an hour on the phone last night with a totally incompetent Verizon technical support representative who continually suggested that I call into customer service when I have No Signal. (!?!)

0 Likes
JANDSR
Enthusiast - Level 1

IPhone 6s

calls do not drop but might as well. Says still connected but no voice either way.

I've all the reset bull crap, not fixed.

Rebooted phone, not fixed

done everything Imknow to do, not fixed.

Told my daughter not to update to newest OS, she has 5 bars; I sti have 2 and drooping.

It has been since the 10 update. My version 9 worked seamlessl.

Apple screwed it up and probably wantIng carriers to fix it and take the blame.

BTW. Zip code 38305

A fix needs to be released, been with VZW since 2003, I thinking of switching to stupid ATT

0 Likes
m3jasper

Finally got my situation temporarily sorted.

Called Verizon tech support yesterday to ask for a new phone or a refund. The tech confirmed that Apple & Verizon are aware of the issue and have come up with a temporary fix. They will request that you go to Settings -> Cellular -> Cellular Data Options -> Enable LTE -> Data Only. They will then deactivate HD voice/phone on their back end, ask you to power cycle the phone, and the issue will be sorted. I was told I will get a phone call once a permanent fix is found, so my HD voice can be turned back on, as I have an open support ticket.

It's been working rock solid since I've done this, however I yet to use Waze to see if fixed the "No Service" issue.

0 Likes
PikesPeakJeeper
Enthusiast - Level 1

Same issue here. No Service issues where my son's iPhone 6 is fine on LTE. A LOT of No Service issues along the areas I usually drive. Random "no GPS" issues. The Airplane mode trick helps sometimes after a minute or two. I've called Verizon and no help whatsoever. This is so frustrating. I am considering taking my families 6 lines over to AT&T.

0 Likes
SungHur

Same issue here in Connecticut. I see "No Service" randomly especially when I travel in the car which I never seen on my Iphone 6 before. This must be an Iphone 7 issue with a VoLte. I just hope that there is a Fix soon.

0 Likes
SHADOWLC2000
Contributor - Level 1

Got my phone yesterday and I'm having similar issues.  I live in MD, about 20-30 miles from Baltimore.  In less than 24 hours this is what I have noticed.

Lost service on my drive home (about a 15 min commute)

Lost service while at my sons football game

Lost service on my drive to work this morning, different rout than usual as there was major traffic and was using Waze to divert me.  Realized it had lost signal when the App didn't tell me to make a turn.

I really hope an update fixes this problem and I hope that update comes sooner rather than later.

0 Likes