disconnect Hum
jlportnoy
Enthusiast - Level 1

On August 21, 2019, I went to your offices in Fort Myers to set up the overseas options.  At that time I was told that I was elligable for the 55+ Loyalty Plan which included unlimited data at no additional charge.  I said yes to the new plan.  I was then told that it comes with an addtional plan called Hum.  I was told it was also free and they explained what it entailed.  I said yes to the Hum because I was under the impression it was free of charge.  When I looked at my next bill, I see that it was NOT free.  I returned to the store on September 16, 2019 after I returned from overseas and explained that no one told me it was going to be charged a monthly fee and wanted the plan removed from my account.  The gentleman said he would have his manager call me.  The manager did not call me so I returned to the store today, September 18, 2019, and explained the situation again.  He removed the device from my car, but the rest of the plan is still in effect.  The bill was reduced by $3.50 for the roadside assistance.  I was told that I should have cancelled the plan 14 days after it went into effect.  However, the sales person knew that I was going be out of the country for three weeks because that was the reason why I went into the store in the first place,  and would be unable to cancel the plan.  

I am upset because I was led to believe that this Hum Plan was just some sort of "perk" and not a monthly charge.  

I would appreciate if someone from Verizon would take this plan off my account.  I have, up until now, enjoyed the services I receive from Verizon but am disappointed that I was led astray with this situation.

Thank you,

Email: [Name and email address removed per the Verizon Terms of Service]

Labels (1)
Re: disconnect Hum
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hello, jlportnoy. We understand your concern with removing the HUM device from your account. Sorry to learn about your store experience. We want to make sure we make this right. We've sent you a private message to further assist you with your concern today. Thank you!

ChristianP_VZW

0 Likes
cuppr
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same issue, I purchased a new phone and plan in July 2019 from a store in Kansas City and was told the same story about how it was free and the 55+plan... I see it's somehow became a 2 year contract at $5 a month, I couldn't get any help locally either in dealing with this issue, been 2 months worth of trying to remove this, please help... I never asked for it in the first place and he insisted I just take it and try it out. 

Please I don't need or use it nor need a 2 year contract for it.

Hum90FeeUnacceptable
Enthusiast - Level 1

Yes, this is the sales experience my dad had (I'm helping him manage this account).

As you can tell from my chosen moniker, the 90$ fee to disconnect HUM is adding insult to injury.
Please refund ALL customers for HUM charges who were lured in to the product under false pretenses.
Thank you Verizon

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want your father to have the best wireless experience possible. Thanks for reaching out to us here. What issues has he experienced with the device? What expectations were set that were not fulfilled? Looking forward to hearing back. ChrisM_VZW

0 Likes
Sarie84
Enthusiast - Level 1

I feel like I was taken advantage of with the Hum device. A similar experience happened last year when I got my new phone. The VZ employee insisted I take the Hum at the end of my appointment with her. She said it was new and it was a promotion. Very deceptive bc yes I am one of those people who do not check the itemized bill. So for the past year I've actually been paying for this service I dont want. I just took it bc she insisted and actually went out to my car with me to plug it in! I went into the store recently to see why the heck I had a second line. And yes you guessed it, it was the Hum. The guy at the store didnt recognize who the employee was that helped me but did comment that he thought she was no longer with VZ and not long term. He gives me a number to call for customer service to get the 2nd line off bc he cant do it. I call and she gets it off but I'm sure I'll pay the price to get it off my acct. You better believe I'm not paying a cent for any disconnection fee. To customer service I explain what lead me to have this unwanted service and she basically didnt care bc "she wasnt there". Very unhappy with the outcome on this and it goes to show they dont care about anything but getting as much money as they possibly can. 

VictoryforVictoria

I have the same issue. The store included the HUM device with the purchase of an upgraded phone for my girlfriend. She was under the impression it just came with it. After the virus stuff hit and stores closed, she got her first bill after upgrading and saw the charge for the HUM.

After me reaching out to twitter customer support for Verizon, and her reaching out to Facebook customer support for Verizon, they said it has been disconnected but now the estimate for NEXT months bill includes a large amount of "HUM BY VERIZON - ETF $115.00"

She does not want this. For something she thought was free, and can barely afford, she can't be getting charged more to deactivate something that is still enclosed in the box and bag, unopened.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi, VictoryforVictoria. Seeing your next bill with an amount you were not expecting can be worrisome. I am more than willing to look further into your Hum billing concerns. I have sent you a Private Note, to further assist, and look forward to hearing from you.

ChakiaH_VZW

0 Likes
mere_schmidt2016

Good Evening,

My husband and I  went into our local Verizon in Bemidji, Minnesota in 2019. The sales person made it seem as if Hum was a one-time $42 fee that happened at the time of activating our new phones and that we wouldn't be able to get that rate at any other time. The Hum device seemed like a "no-brainer" to get because it had a lot of benefits for only $42 for two Hum devices! I felt duped and ashamed; so much so that when I researched how to get rid of the Hum device the cancellation process seemed so daunting and most posts recommended to not waste your time. 

This unexpected re-occuring charge for the Hum device has left a sour taste in our mouth, we are happy with the rest of our services but I hope Verizon has changed their tactics to ensure their employees aren't twisting their words for the services they're selling. 

Disheartening to see that this happened to others too. 

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Mere_schmidt2016, making sure I receive accurate information at the point of sale is imperative to me as a consumer. I sincerely apologize for this type of experience you had in our store in 2019. This is never acceptable and I will make sure we submit feedback to improve on this type of experience. We want to ensure we supply you with the information you need up front to make a sound  decision. I am glad to hear the other services are working out for you.

0 Likes