cellular data not working
fitwilsons
Enthusiast - Level 2

I recently turned my iPhone off and then on.  Once back on the service bars stayed grayed out.  I tried making a phone call, it went through, and the bars came back on.  However, I have had no cellular data (internet access) since restarting my phone.  I can make calls and use the internet with wifi but texts go through very slowly and there is no internet with wifi off and cellular on.  Is there a way to fix this or do I need to take my phone in for repair?

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
0 Likes
Re: cellular data not working
fitwilsons
Enthusiast - Level 2

Quick update... Of course, after working on this for hours, right after I posted this question the cellular data started to work again.  My husbands phone, the same model as mine and on the same Verizon plan, never lost service.  I'm wondering if something internally is starting to break?  Anyone else have this problem?

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fitwilsons, I am so sorry to hear about the issues with cellular service you had when you powered your phone back on. However, I am glad to hear that it is back up and running for you. It is common for a device to need some time to get fully connected to the data network after it has been powered back on. I would like to ask just to make sure that your device is working correctly, does your iPhone have a history of having issues like these?

Brett_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
fitwilsons
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi Brett,

Thank you for replying. It has happened at least one other time. That time, instead of the bars being grayed out it said “no service”. I understand needing time to boot up and connect, but in both cases it took more than an hour (this last time several hours), until it started working again. That was what concerned me.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

fitwilsons We appreciate the information and understand why this is concerning. When exactly did this begin? Is this happening in a specific location only(where)? Have you made any changes to your phone or account recently? Please share any additional details.

Evelyn_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Lillianblais55

My data not working been with Verizon 28 yr

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I want to make sure that your device works the way that it should at all times. I am sorry to hear that you are having trouble with your data. You mentioned that it hasn't worked in 28 years which is a long time. Help me understand what you are experiencing so I know how to help. In which zip code are you having problems? With which phone functions are you having trouble?

NicholeK_VZW

0 Likes
DominoTheDog

same here! started today 10/19/2019. no wireless data availabe or very vey slow only. hours on the phone with verizon...no help at all! 

0 Likes
lbeebe
Enthusiast - Level 1

I haven't been able to use data all week starting on 10/14/19 , no gps, nothing, I can get some some email, it seems that I am only able to connect using wifi. For instance, I have to start my GPS while using Wifi, wondering if this has anything to do with the new iOS update for the iPhone?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

DominoTheDog, I depend on my data constantly, so having connectivity issues is very disturbing. I apologize you have not received the assistance needed. I will be more than happy to assist. I have sent a private message for further assistance.

RodneyM_VZW

0 Likes