Wifi calling - Icloud connected device
kevrhof9

I have used Wifi-calling internationally for quite a while where I have never been charged anything extra for phone calls / SMS sent or received to a US phone number.

With the push of wifi calling on an icloud connected device, is it the same situation? Meaning if I leave my iphone in the states (as it says I could) and go internationally with my mac computer, SMS and phone calls will be pushed through (as long as theyre from the US) for no extra fee?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: Wifi calling - Icloud connected device
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I love the ability to be able to use WiFi Calling for international travels, kevrhof9.

iMessage is an Apple service, hence no charge for any iMessage regardless of the recipient since an iMessage can only be sent to another iMessage user. Now the message app is capable of sending both iMessages and text messages but of course text messages are only sent over the cellular network, not wifi.

Are you using iMessage or Verizon Messages on the cellphone? https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/explore-verizon-messages-video/

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
kevrhof9

I'm using both. I understand iMessage is sent over data and not cellular. However SMS/MMS can be sent over wifi (wifi calling) and icloud connected devices. I don't believe you understood my question

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry. I did not fully understand the question at hand.

•Wi-Fi Calling allows calls to U.S. numbers without incurring International Long Distance charges.
◦Calls to other countries, including calls within the country you're currently in, will incur international long distance charges at the rates you'd normally pay to call those countries from the U.S.

•Unlike Text, Multimedia Message rates when outside the US depend on who you're messaging with, regardless of where you are. You'll be charged:
◦domestic rates when messaging U.S., Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico mobile numbers.
◦international rates when messaging international numbers
•When sending or receiving there's an additional data transport charge billed at the Pay Per Use Rate of the country where you're located, multiplied by the size of the Picture or Video (which can vary greatly). Usage will deduct from data allowances when applicable.
•Attempts to send Multimedia messages are charged, even if the delivery fails.

This is listed in our vzw.com/tripplanner and I hope that information helps.

TamaraH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes