WiFi Calls drop always when an email or text arrives
MEMO_MARTIN
Enthusiast - Level 1

I live close to the airport in Boston so cell reception has always been bad. I just recently switched WiFi calling on to test it on my iPhone 7 Plus and the calls ALWAYS drop when an email, a text or any operation that involves data on the phone occurs.

I'm not sure why the feature is enabled if it really doesn't work or if it's so unreliable.

Any way to fix it? my phone is up to date with everything.

Thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: WiFi Calls drop always when an email or text arrives
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MEMO.MARTIN, we know how important it is to not have dropped calls. We want to help make sure that great feature works for you. When using the WiFi calling feature, are you also shutting off data in the Settings of your phone?

This is needed to ensure your phone keeps connection to WiFi, since if something else comes in and your phone tries to use LTE data it would drop the call on WiFi. Also, is your phone up to date with Apple's latest software? Here's a link to help make sure http://vz.to/2cHrbda

StevenG_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
pspcommunity

Please be more specific about the Setting and where it is on a Samsung Galaxy A50.  Is it called "Mobile data only apps" that should be turned on? 

Or is it "Data saver" that's supposed to on?

I am having the same problem and I don't remember changing any "data" settings, but my phone only recently started dropping whenever a message comes in.

Thanks.

0 Likes
KH-Michael
Moderator Emeritus

Due to the age of this thread, it will be locked in order to keep discussions current. If you have the same or a similar question/issue we invite you to start a new thread on the topic.

0 Likes