Re: unknown caller id
AJP79
Enthusiast - Level 2

I ended up having to edit the custom dialing rules for the trunk PRI on our VOIP system.  Once I made the change, all of the phones I was seeing Unknown/Restricted on changed back to displaying digits when receiving a call from the office. 

doctr728
Enthusiast - Level 2

I will check when I get into work tomorrow and will let you know. Thank you.

0 Likes
doctr728
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am still getting Unknown calls from the office.  Is there something on the phone settings that I need to change ? Please let me know.

0 Likes
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

I'm sorry you're still receiving unknown calls on your phone from the office doctr728 .Here is a link about caller id Terms Conditions Caller Name ID | Verizon Wireless  . The caller id issue can also occur because of the carrier being used by your office/school district. Have you advised them of your issue and how their number is showing in your phone. It may be a common occurrence with other phone users.

We have a Name Id feature that can be added to your account. The feature is an enhanced Caller ID feature that allows customers to receive more information about inbound calls.

KinquanaH_vzw

0 Likes
doctr728
Enthusiast - Level 2

Success !  I turned off the HD Voice option from My Verizon account and I am receiving numbers on the Caller ID from the office landlines again.

If anyone is getting Unknown calls from an Office, Hospital, Doctor's Office or Schools, go to My Verizon, look for Apps and Products, then remove HD Voice.  It worked for me on an iPhone 7 with IOS 10.1.  Good Luck !!

DONMCK21

What exactly did you have to do to the dialing rules on your PBX's Gateway?

We are having the same issue.

0 Likes
doctr728
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did not change anything except the HD Voice option through My Verizon. I removed it from my account.

0 Likes
DONMCK21

Can you provide any specifics as to what change you made to your trunk PRI?

I work at a Water District and customers with iPhone 6 and 7 see Unknown when we

call them. We need them to see the number. I believe this started with IOS 10 release.

If Verizon could provide some assistance that would also be appreciated.

0 Likes
CORBOW41
Enthusiast - Level 2

I would also like to know what you changed on the PRI, all Verizon members called from our company get "Restricted" when we call them but it works for other carriers.

0 Likes
AJP79
Enthusiast - Level 2

My fix was specific to our ShoreTel VOIP phone system.  I copied and pasted my fix from the ShoreTel forums.

try logging in to director with "support entry" and under custom dialing rules for the trunk PRI put in ;2E That normally fixes it. 

You can read a discussion on ;2E for ShoreTel at https://www.shoretelforums.com/forum/shoretel-tech/administrators/1072-inbound-and-outbound-caller-i...