Why do both iPhones have the same data stored?
KLDL25

purchased 7 and data was transferred.  My husband took iphone 6 -replacing a 4- and data was transferred.  However, calls, messages, phtos made on one phone and captured on other phone.  call one phone both ring ,etc.  cloud storage is filling up and I cannot figure how to separate them.  Suggestions?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: iphone7 replacing iphone6
mama23dogs
Legend

It is recommended you use different Apple ID and iCloud account on each phone.  It seems you still have one on both. 

If you didn’t factory reset the 6 before he started using it, your Apple ID is still present.

If you prefer using one Apple ID, just turn off FaceTime and iMessage

You can also use family sharing so you can share purchases, but have your own Apple ID

iCloud - Family Sharing - Apple

View solution in original post

0 Likes
mama23dogs
Legend

It is recommended you use different Apple ID and iCloud account on each phone.  It seems you still have one on both. 

If you didn’t factory reset the 6 before he started using it, your Apple ID is still present.

If you prefer using one Apple ID, just turn off FaceTime and iMessage

You can also use family sharing so you can share purchases, but have your own Apple ID

iCloud - Family Sharing - Apple

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

KLDL25,

Help is here for you! First, congratulations on your new iPhone 7. I hope you are enjoying it, despite these hiccups. We certainly want for you & your husband to have a properly functioning device.

Mama23dogs have provided some good insight & information about the Apple ID. Thank you for these tips & information!

Let’s dig a bit deeper to get this figured out. Before you activated the iPhone 6 on your husband’s line, was everything of yours erased off of the phone? If not, you would need to make sure you do that & also you a separate Apple ID. To erase all of your information off of the iPhone 6, please click here for the steps: http://vz.to/2yROrFh  Also, are you by chance using the same Apple ID? I wanted to pass along this information about an Apple ID: https://appleid.apple.com/faq/#!&page=faq

AliciaS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!"

0 Likes